“Clearly the best place in PV for scuba”
Review of Vallarta Under Sea

Vallarta Under Sea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a group of Professional divers who wants to share their most loved passion of the underwater world with all the people who visit Puerto Vallarta. We would like to introduce more new divers to the ocean and let them know how important is to all of us to take care about the natural resources and how to enjoy them with out damage.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We went here on a recommendation, and poked our head in a couple other dive shops before booking. This place was the only one that was well staffed, with guys cleaning and checking equipment which was a good sign. As relatively novice divers (open water only with a dozen dives), my son and I rely a bit on the shop for recommendations. The shop had a gaggle of snorkelers come in after we arrived, they got priority and we kinda got ignored until the divemaster, Hector showed up. Hector was very good. He was calm and professional. The dive spots were relatively close together, but different and the visibility was pretty good. Downside was my BCD leaked a little which cut bottom time and on the second dive, they didn't swap my son's tank out (and we didn't catch it)so we went in and his tank was 1/3 full. He caught it soon enough that Hector was able to share his tank for the rest of the dive. It's kind of our luck. There were two other very experienced divers with us, who were return customers, and had no issues. Overall, I will dive with them again and it was a good experience. Did convince me i need to invest in some of my own gear.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"marine life"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 5 May 2017

We put a deposit of $149 down for a two tank dive in January(four months before our dive). In February we contacted the shop to cancel as we realized our ship would not keep the same time as the shop and we would not arrive in time for the dives. The shop said no problem,just arrive as early as we could. I called the shop again on March 31 telling them the earliest we could arrive would be 9:30am. No problem I was told again. So when we arrived on April 4 at 9:15 we were told the dive boat couldn't wait for the both of us and left at 9. And no we could not get our $149 returned. RIDICULOUS! DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS SHOP. Especially if you will be arriving via cruise ship.

1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 29 March 2017

This was my second dive with Vallarta Undersea, the first one was last year. Very well run dive shop, except the air compressor broke so a family of 4 had to reschedule their dive. The ship had a group of 4 snorkelers with a guide, myself, and another dive instructor (Gustavo), because of the small dive group we were able to do more underwater sightseeing and go to other areas for the dive. I would highly recommend Vallarta Undersea because of the small group sizes. Also on the boat ride back the captain allowed us to plug a phone into the stereo system so we could jam out passing the yachts out at sea.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Did my open water certification with hector tom and Ortega they were helpful knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable thru all phases of the course would highly recommend them if you want to learn to scuba