“One of the best in Mazatlan”
Review of Hector's Bistro

Hector's Bistro
Ranked #4 of 481 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Price range: USD 8 - USD 21
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Hector the owner and Chef is well known in the area and has a cooking column. Very professional but still very personable and takes time to interact with guests. On all occasions we loved our selections, especially the Italian Platter, Tuna, Shrimp Spaghetti and Pork Shank with Risotto. Introduced us to liquor 43, liquor with 43 ingredients and lovely smooth flavour. We also experienced it in a Mexican drink with liquor 43 and expresso shaken and served on ice ....delightful!

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I had a very nice salmon dinner with mixed vegetables and salad at Hector's Bistro. I am giving it 4 stars because of the service. The food was cooked to perfection but the service quality did not match the food quality. It seemed I had a waiter and waitress so I thought I'd get better service. I guess in this case 2 was not better than 1. I am not sure which one was supposed to be responsible. They did check to see if the meal was satisfactory after it came but when my drink was finished neither one came back to see if I wanted another one which I did. After I finished my dinner I had to ask them to bring another one which they did. They did save me some calories though when the waiter didn't come back with the dessert menu after I said I would look at it. Maybe I need to slow down and get used to the Mexican way of not bothering you too much. I definitely want to go back to gather more data :-). I would recommend Hector's Bistro to eat.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We have returned to Hectors a number of times and it just keeps getting better. The food and service are excellent. The real hit is the Arm Drip Sandwich. The service is always attentive. Make a reservation it does fill up.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Second year in a row we return to Hector’s, second year in a row we had a delicious meal. On top of that they serve Tres Islas porter...delicious. The only downside is you will have to pay a little more than other restaurants in Mazatlan for that delicious food.

1  Thank pitter1978
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

She’s been trying a few times, and voila we got a table. The table wa in a far corner. But fine. Service wa scattered. But fine. They need to Remember that all are important. So we didn’t have a reservation but represent three generations of customers that might come back. Food was good. Unsure if I’ll vote to come back. Yet I feel the staff could have done better?

1  Thank Cyndiellice