“Excellant food”

El Torito
Ranked #17 of 482 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I had steak fajitas and the vegetables still had firmness but the meat was totally tender.
Very busy, lots of people but the service was faster than I expected given the number of people.
My friend had fish and vegetables done in foil and it was very good also.
I would eat here again.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I heard about this restaurant several times and finally was nearby and decided to find it. It's about 4 blocks off the Malecon and you be probably only be there for the restaurant as it is not near anything for a tourist. However, well worth the search. The menu is probably the most extensive seafood menu in town and we have been to most of the top restaurants. The place was filled with locals and I think we were the only tourists there. We had excellent service. We had the grilled whole fish.They brought us 3 fish to chose from. It was served with grilled vegetables and sides of rice and potatoes. My only knock is that the place is on side street and is a bit dark inside with absolutely no view. However, go there for the food and save a view restaurant for another time.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Utterly fantastic seafood dishes, from simple preparations letting the fresh seafood shine. (Ceviches, aguachiles, shrimp, octopus, scallops.....). Also, FANTASTIC empanadas with crab or blue marlin. Finish with fresh fruit icecream/sorbet swirled in a carved out pineapple, coconut.....
The food was incredible but the young staff was as gracious and wonderful as you'd expect the Mexicans people to be....
It is a large but humble dining room in an unassuming neighborhood downtown.

1  Thank gagnez
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

These are the best Mariscos I’ve had in Mazatlan. I had custom dish called “molcajete al gusto” which was basically a build your own cold seafood. Picture was not available since I was too busy devouring it. Ceviche de Sierra was also a hit. Anytime I’m in Mazatlan, I always save room for this place. Parking sucks and it’s really crowded however, it’s worth the wait.

1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

The place was full packed with people so we thought it was a good sign only to find out food was average at best and service was bad. I even had to go to the kitchen for an extra plate and ice for my drink - as the server never attended my request.

Location: the place is very local, nothing fancy. Main draw back is no A/C!! At 102F definitely something to consider.

Food : ceviche and molcajetes were OK good flavor. Shrimp cocktail more onion than shrimp and Octopus -atropellado dish -was recommended here but flavor was terrible, worst octopus ever.

Service: not enough servers for all that people. We were pretty much abandoned on our own.

Bottom line : won't recommend it to anyone, there's so much better food and places around Mazatlan tourist area.