All reviews rooftop pool breakfast was included tourist shopping plazuela machado chilaquiles flights of stairs secure parking small closet noise from the street hotel is located bus or taxi bed was comfortable yogurt the rooms were nice lower floor el centro every morning
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Situated along the beach strip in the old part of Mazatlan Centro, the Posada Freeman Hotel is an excellent choice. The daily breakfast is well presented and changed slightly from day to day. The roof top pool is small but pleasant. The Staff were outstanding and the room clean and comfortable. Bed sheets were thin and towels were average but otherwise fine, Internet access was very limited and slow when available in the room. Location to all the sights and the historic center is excellent. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 26 February 2016

I have been to this hotel probably 20 times and it has slowly declined to where I would never step foot in this place again. Every time I come to Mazatlan has been for business because this city is far from a resort town. On this last trip I brought my wife with me for the first time. On the last trip here in November 2015 I booked a room with an ocean view. When I checked in they told me that all the ocean facing rooms have been booked and they could give me a "city" view. The room was smaller than my closet at home and of course the coffee maker didn't work as well as two of the lamps and the clock. I attended the golf tournament I was there for and immediately flew home after. I know what your saying-It's a very inexpensive facility so what do you want? What I want is a clean room and have what is available in the room to work or why have a coffee maker, clock, and lamps in the room? For display? On this trip with my wife I booked an ocean facing room and once again when I checked in I was told there was nothing available. I am the type of person that doesn't get upset however the front desk person apparently saw my face turn bright red so she checked once again and said that a view room just became available. Of course there was an extra charge which I paid. Don't know why the extra charge but it was minimal so I paid. When we got into the room my wife had to take a shower. When she got out she told me that one of the towels was still wet and looked like it had been used. I called the front desk for another towel and it was never brought to me. The floor was dirty because my white socks were black on the bottom after wearing them for only an hour! We were hungry so we went to the restaurant and split a club sandwich which was terrible. prior to going to sleep I made coffee using the bottle of water that there is a charge for and had everything ready and just needed to turn it on when I awoke. The next morning I went to the coffee make however the button to turn it on wasn't there. It was broke..... I went downstairs and the restaurant was packed and finally after waiting for 15 minutes got ahold of a waiter and he gave me two cups of pretty good brew. We came downstairs and attempted to eat breakfast. Because it was about 10:30 am and most of the guests had already eaten most of the food was gone and wasn't replaced. There was a little fruit and some toast so that is what I ate however I did try the scrambled eggs which were cold and tasteless. I had some business that day so we returned later and I took a shower and dried myself with a hand towel and thats when I saw Mr. Cockroach and his family. We decided to leave. I went downstairs with our luggage and explained to the front desk girl what happened and she readied our bill. She asked me if I used the bottle of water in the room and I told her I did and what had happened with the coffee maker. She still charged me for the water!!! I'm done with this place and it wasn't for the bloodstains on the sheets or the small smelly pillows. I will never come back because the staff doesn't care, the owners don't care, the chef doesn't care and the cleaning crew doesn't care so you know what----I don't care. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels some of the finest in the world and then there is the Freeman. If you really want to save money go to the downtown bus station sit in a chair and I bet you will have a better nights sleep then this terrible facility. Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else. I just saw a review of someone who wrote about a suite overlooking the ocean and that it was fantastic. There are no suites overlooking the ocean. The only "suite" they have is overlooking the trash cans and the furniture is circa 1940. Good luck with your stay here but thats it for me......

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank bajapi
MARIA R, Gerente at Best Western Posada Freeman, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2016

Dear Guess, we hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience for received inferior service when you stayed with us, I know how frustrating is to have plans unexpectedly go awry.
I appreciate your time making me aware of the situation. We hope that you can give us the oportunity again and serve as you deserve.

Sincerely

Reviewed 23 February 2016

Booked a room on Hotels.com for 4 nights, $70 per night. Arrived to find the room very small. Immediately upgraded to a suite for $30 per night more. Loved the suite! Very spacious, views facing ocean and Malecon and another view of Centro. Refrigerator, wifi, two tvs, two bathrooms w showers, ceiling fans, ac, safe, kitchen area and couch. Suggest getting on the 4th floor or higher for best views. Breakfast was included and it had a great variety. Staff were wonderful. Recommend nearby Angelina's Kitchen for dinner and drinks. Great food, reasonably priced and a really knowledgeable bartender. Margaritas were delicious. Go through hotel lobby towards parking lot, pass through it, turn left and you are there. All kinds of restaurants and bars within short walk. El Presidio is a must do for dinner. Wait until you see it!

Room Tip: 4th floor or higher. Get a suite.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

We were led to believe we had a nice larger room on the 5th floor facing the ocean. Room had 2 queen beds. What we got was a tiny room with a kingsize bed. Could not get 2 people around bed at once. Stayed 1 nite out of intended 14 and left for another place. Other than that staff was nice breakfast was good and view from breakfast terrace was very good. Would not go back but we certainly didn't hate it.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 705brian
Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

Me an my wife stayed at this hotel while attending a conference in Mazatlan. The price was great. The hotel, although is older, is very well kept. The staff were great. A very cool pool bar on the 12th floor roof overlooking the city. The included hot breakfast buffet was very great. The only thing that let the place down was the beds. We read a few reviews about the hotel and people mentioned the beds were hard, but I thought "they can't be that bad". I was wrong. It was like sleeping on the floor. They tried moving us and putting extra blankets etc.. But my wife couldn't sleep and was in so much pain with her back after 2 nights that we ended up having to move hotels.
So all in all. Great hotel, great breakfast, great staff, great price. Just the rock hard beds that let it down.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple