“Olas Altas Repeat Customer”
Review of Olas Altas Inn

Olas Altas Inn
Ranked #43 of 78 Hotels in Mazatlan
Los Angeles
“Olas Altas Repeat Customer”
Reviewed 17 June 2007

Maybe it's because I am fluent, or perhaps there is some other reason, but I have never stayed at a more welcoming place in Sinaloa. I go often and the staff are wonderful, polite and super-attentive. The facilities are not resort quality, but they are clean and comfortable. The added bonuses are ocean views from the pool and bird watching behind the building (I am into that sort of thing). We've counted 42 species from the balcony of one of the rear-facing rooms. To my bird-watching friends back home, and much their collective chagrin, an often well timed phone call to rub in the latest species observed from the comfort of my hotel room frequently with beer in hand. Birding for relaxation-minded people (I think I'll offer that class at the local community college next year).

I have taken several friends from around the world and their experiences are identical to mine. I recommend it.

Disfruten!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank mexicanbirds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Halifax, NS, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2006

The staff did not speak English . Only 2 people spoke any English, the manager and 1 bus boy/security guard. The best person on staff was the 1 bus boy/security guard he was nice and funny too. The manager on the other hand was rude and disrespectful to me and my guest. I had booked my room for 2 people but the manager refused to allow a 2nd person in the room simply because they were local. They treated my friend like he was a criminal with security hovering and waiting to escort him out. The manager refused to speak to me directly instead turning his back on me while giving me unreasonable excuses. At first insisting I had only booked for 1 person and not 2. Then when I said I had proof I booked for 2 people he said my friends name was not on the reservation. In fact the only name on the reservation was mine since I booked through an online travel agency and my name was the only one required. In the end I checked out early very dissatisfied with the overall service and quality for my money. I feel as though I was completely ripped off. I would NEVER stay there again nor would I suggest it to any singles or students looking for a fun vacation spot.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — management, security, policies, lack of quality service, not in the Golden Zone, not worth the price
  • Tips/Secrets — families with young children only, must speak Spanish or be able to read it.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank AUhfx

Travellers are raving about these Mazatlan hotels

St. Cloud Mn
Reviewed 22 November 2003

My wife nad I stayed for two days while waiting for our time share. We really enjoyed our time spent. We had great time at the pool since we had it to our self and also the restaurant. We did notice that most of the business was Mexican tourist and enjoyed time spent trying to converse. Close to the golden zone and many other restaurants. The staff was very helpful... Would stay again

4 Thank jleigh-01
San Diego
Reviewed 6 February 2003

I recently stayed at the Olas Altas and must say it has one of the friendliest staffs around. Everyone was helpful and attentive. The ocean view is stunning and the rates very reasonable considering you are only 5 minutes from the Golden Zone. You also have the beaches to yourself practically and don't get the timeshare salesmen and the hawkers. One person I met said that it's too bad it's not actually in the Golden Zone, but that's exactly why I like it! I can go there and eat, party, whatever and then come back to the calm of North Beach.

10 Thank mexicoted