3,445 results
All reviews kelly's bar emerald bay pueblo bonito bistro restaurant sister resort la cordeliere master suite main pool time share sunset beach beautiful resort free shuttle pb mazatlan adult pool pillow menu meal plan timeshare presentation
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Okay, this is not intended as a negative review but rather it's intended to give an honest and comprehensive assessment of this facility and some of it's operating practices. First, this resort is primarily a time-share. About 80% of guests are 'owners' with the remainder 'vacationers'. There's nothing wrong with this, but, it does mean the property is run a little differently than other all inclusives. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon at about 4:30 pm and of course our room 'wasn't quite ready' so we were sent to talk to the ladies hovering around the front entrance. Whether you're interested or not you're going to get the time-share pitch. After spending 13 hours on the road, our resistance level was lower than normal so after being offered 'numerous wonderful incentives' we agreed to a 'tour' the next morning. We were required to give them $20 cash which would be returned after taking the tour. ("We're not trying to sell you anything, we just want to show you what we have" Sure hon!!) If you didn't turn up the next morning you didn't get your $20 back. So the next morning arrives and we show up and the first thing they want is photo id. Well, I say, the front desk copied our passports when we checked in so why do you need photo ID? "Those are just or rules". I didn't like their rules and as I was now well rested my resistance level had gone up from the previous afternoon. Next they wanted to see a credit card. Why do they need a credit card. They say we don't need the number we just want to make sure that you have a credit card. My response was - well the resort didn't hold my reservation out of the goodness of their hearts so obviously I have a credit card so why do you need to see my credit card, I'm not going to buy a timeshare with a credit card. "Those are our rules" was the response. I didn't like this rule either so at this point informed them that I would not be taking their tour and please return my $20. These women do not easily take no for an answer and I was forced to become angry in order to convince them to return my $20. Next the woman tells me that I would have to wait half an hour for my $20. NOT!! I'm on vacation and my time is my time, not theirs!!! This vacation is not off to a great start. Okay, so one negative - the time share pitch. If you don't mind this sort of thing it's not an issue. I should not however have been put in a position where I needed to become angry to get these women to back off. The only other 'incident' involving time share sales came near the end of our visit when David from sales approached us while we were having dinner (not appropriate). In order to avoid another pitch I just told him that we were already owners and he left us alone.

Now the resort itself. I'll start with the demographic. While I understand that it may not be the case year round the average age of people was probably well into their 60s and up into the 70s. With it mainly being owners though, I doubt that it changes greatly throughout the year. We did see some families, (mom/dad and the kids) but very few young couples here. In fact Mazatlan in general seems to be an older crowd than Puerto Vallarta or Cancun.
This is a large facility that has only two sit down restaurants (the buffet and Le Bistro). There's also a poolside facility where you get lunch items. Seating at this one is limited so as long as you don't mind sitting on your lounge chair eating your lunch it's fine. What really surprised me though was the buffet closes at 12 noon so your only lunch options are the Bistro or the poolside eatery. The food quality was excellent. You can if you choose though, dine at the other Pueblo Bonito facility in Mazatlan. There is a shuttle service between the resorts. We were told that it was an hourly service. It is hourly, sort of, 10 am; 11 am then nothing until 4 pm. Returns on the half hour. Apparently they used to run hourly all day long but due to the local taxi companies complaining the shuttle service was scaled back. Make a reservation if you want to use the shuttle. Cilantros at the Mazatlan facility is excellent. A taxi between the two facilities is 100 pesos.

Rooms - our room was perfectly fine but it was clear that it was designed with owners in mind. We had purchased an all inclusive vacation but our room had a kitchen. Not that this was a problem but the only kitchen item we used was the fridge to keep our water cold. (Water is not placed in the rooms, you have to get it from one of the restaurants and bring it to your room) No mini-bar either, no robes, not even a pen and paper. I wanted to write something down one afternoon and had to dig through my back pack for a pen and piece of paper because none was provided. I've stayed in Motel 6s that at least put a pen in the room.
Drinks - Apparently there's All Inclusive and then there's All Inclusive. Our all inclusive only allowed the consumption of bottom shelf alcohol. Even Absolut Vodka was considered Top Shelf and would have meant an additional $4. I drink Crown Royal Whiskey but couldn't get it unless I was willing to pay $4 per drink (I wasn't) The options offered to me were: Johnny Walker Red Label Scotch or Jim Beam Burbon. I settled on Smirnoff Vodka. (you have to ask for it otherwise you get some local vodka). The wines were quite good though. Neither at the time of booking nor at the time of check in were we informed that there was more than level of 'all inclusive'.
Staff: The staff were excellent. They were helpful and friendly. I'd like to acknowledge Antonio, a server at Le Bistro for his kindness, professionalism and attention to detail. We could not have asked for better service than was provided by Antonio. I'd also like to acknowledge one other employee who's name I failed to get. She's the young hostess working in the buffet. A lovely young lady (I can describe her as tall and slender) who was a joy and started our days off with a smile and positive attitude. Thank you both.

Location, I'm going to wrap up this long winded review by saying that this resort is a good distance from Mazatlan proper. It's really too far from anywhere to walk to so if you stay here be prepared to either take the shuttle and/or use taxis to see the surrounding area.

All in all, while we did enjoy our visit, there was enough not great about this resort that it doesn't get 4 stars. 3 is what it deserves.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank knh959
GM_PBonito, Gerente at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Dear Guest.
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to review Pueblo Bonito Resort. It is very nice to know you did enjoy your visit to our property and we appreciate your great recognition to our excellent, helpful and friendly staff.
All that we ask you, is your understanding to the hotel rules to attend the time share presentation. We sincerely hope you can give us another opportunity to provide you with memorable experiences upon which we have built our reputation.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

The only downfall was the musty smell in the room. It was always clean, the staff was exceptional. They were friendly, always willing to pick you up. Very organized. You an walk miles a day on the resort. Nice and quiet the whole time we were there.

Room Tip: The second or third floor..
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest.
Thank you very much for nice review to Pueblo Bonito Resort. When our guest consider our property as amazing place, is a great honor for all of us. Our team strives to make every experience extraordinary and we are glad to know we exceeded your expectations.
Will be our honor to hosting you back soon on this your home.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Just got back from 2 weeks at this resort. The best thing about the holiday was the staff.

Hilario, the front desk manage was the most accommodating person there is. Even my little issues were taken care of, he makes you feel like he really cares. I booked one week with RCI and The other as a owner. The suite I had was a deluxe master one bedroom. Had a great balcony and beautiful ocean view. Only thing is, the couch on the unit was very uncomfortable. Oh well When I checked in, I saw a young man by the name of Gerardo Timdo, want a treat to find such a helpful, nice person who actually wanted to please you, Gerardo I appreciate all you did to make our stay great. Juan was also on the RCI desk and he was very nice.

In the conceirge office there were three or four people who made suggestions to where to eat, dentist, etc . So hi to Martin, Livier, Yasmin, Karen and Antonio. It was nice that the suggestions were of all prices not just the expensive restaurants. To see they smile every time you went to see them, was such a pleasure.

How not all thing were perfect. The bus schedule has been stopped in the afternoon, so you have got to sign up early to get a spot. First bus is at 10 and only 2 times in the morning and the from 4 to 9 in the evening. Towels on lounge chairs put on by the resort for they elite guests, was not right. They let you leave a towel for 20 minutes to go for breakfast etc, but the approximate 30 towels that the resort puts out, all pool side , the guests don,t show up until 11;30 or so. I could agree with this policy, but one day it was enforced and the next nothing. Be consistent and they everyone will know. I went down at round 7:30 and sat at the table and stayed there just to make sure that I had the spot I wanted, In the shade.

These few things were annoying but this seems to happen at all resorts. Believe me,
Hilario, and Gerardo Timdo make up for this inconvenience.

Marnie. 1943

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
GM_PBonito, Gerente at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Guest.
Thank you very much for your kind review. We appreciate for taking the time to share your experience. We feel honored that you found in Pueblo Bonito Resort the perfect place to enjoy with your lovely ones.
We are so excited to welcome you back again to this your home.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

This was my second visit and I will be back. We had a 2 and three year old and it was fantastic. Child friendly with lots to do. The meal plan was well worth it. The Angelos restaurant is a good dinning experience. Celantros restaurant offers one of the best sunsets ever.

Room Tip: We had a ground level suite that was excellent with young kids as they could walk out with no fear of falling
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
GM_PBonito, Gerente at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear Magui.
Thank you very much for choosing Pueblo Bonito Resorts for your vacation and for sharing your review with us. We are very glad to read that we have successfully covered the majority of service you got on your second visit to our hotel.. we also appreciate your charming words to our staff. We will like to be honor of hosting you back soon on this your home.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Out of the many resorts in Mazatlan, we chose to host our destination wedding at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay and couldn't be happier with how things turned out. We went with one of the wedding packages for our group of approximately 60 adults and a dozen children. Included in the package was the service of the hotel's wedding coordinator, Valeri, who was exceptional in making our day exactly as we wanted without any of the stress that comes along with most weddings! Valeri, arranged a beautiful sunset ceremony on the beach, a rooftop cocktail hour, and our reception in a charming private dining room. The staff at PBEB is amazing, however, the service during our wedding reception was exceptional! It was by far the best wait staff we have ever experienced. We also hired nanny services to help watch the children in the enclosed area right next to the reception which worked out great. Aside from the wedding day, our stay at PBEB was everything we had hoped for. The rooms and hotel grounds are beautiful, the food is superb, and the hotel staff is very accommodating. We loved the privacy of the resort, which allowed for our guests to get to know each other without the chaos or crowdedness of some of the more busy resorts closer to town. Overall, we are so grateful to Valeri and PBEB staff who helped make our wedding experience absolutely perfect and we cannot wait to return for an anniversary trip. We highly recommend PBEM for a destination wedding location or for your next family vacation. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Christina B
GM_PBonito, Gerente at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Cristina.
Thank you very much for your awesome review to Pueblo Bonito Resort. We also appreciatte your preference and trust to celebrate this important and memorable event for all of you. Your beatiful wedding.!!!
We are very pleased to read that we have successfully covered all the services we take pride to offering to our guest.
All of our wedding staff leading by Valerie will be proud with your feedback about their great job. ¡They really love what they do.!
Will be our honor to hosting you back soon on this your home.