“Pleasant surprise, I plan to be back.”

Torres Mazatlan Resort
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just got home from this place last night. From the reviews, etc, I wasn't expecting much. But it was very nice. The pool was comfortable, there were plenty of chairs, you get poolside service from the restaurant. Which people are complaining about the prices, but even though the restaurant is more expensive than some surrounding restaurants, it's ON the resort grounds, and it's less expensive by far than ANY other resort I've been to anywhere. The convenience store on the grounds is very inexpensive. The best thing I ate at the restaurant was a cheeseburger, but that's one of my favorite foods, and theirs was fantastic. We charged items at the restaurant and the store and basically ate and drank whatever we wanted for that week and it came out to about $300. That's a DAY in Vegas or HI or TX. The rooms were very pretty. Every unit has a great balcony with either an ocean view or pool/ocean view. The furniture is not the most comfy, but all is clean and pretty. I felt very safe here, and the service was excellent. There's a reason that there are tons of retired folks who return here year after year.

A note on the food: most of the food was good to fair. But this is true for me of the whole surrounding area. I think our American tastes are different. Food is a little more bland everywhere I have gone outside the country, because I think we Americans take the spicy or salty taste and supersize it and make it more extreme. Therefore when we go elsewhere it doesn't taste the same. This doesn't make it bad, only different. I'm sure if you are used to the local cuisine it tastes perfect. Everything was fresh. Water and ice was safe. You always have the option of grabbing a pulmonia (open taxi) to Walmart or other market to buy food at a bargain to cook in your room. Looks to me like all the rooms have a full kitchen. We even had a blender and a juicer in our room. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because the one downside to staying here even if you are already a timeshare owner is the attempt to upsell you in the form of a timeshare presentation. it wasn't a hard sell, but it's about an hour out of your day I'd rather not have to deal with while I'm on vacation. If I wanted more points, I'd seek them out. You can offer without making people sit through a presentation. Wifi connection was decent, don't bother watching TV here, unless you speak the language. We couldn't watch the Olympics, which I thought was weird, being an international event.

Room Tip: They all seem pretty equal to me, except the penthouse suites, and it seems the higher you go the be...
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tamster59

Reviewed 14 February 2018

A time share condo/hotel with sparse availability during the peak times, this place has gone down hill over the past few years. Dated rooms with poor appliances and poor water pressure. Clean, with plenty of towels and other small amenities keep this place occupied almost continually. Hot tub,shuffle board,tennis/pickle ball courts are the few extras that could be updated. Good service with a convenience store on site. Reasonable exchange rates and courteous staff welcoming you are excellent. This place really could use an update.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

What a great week vacation. This resort makes it so cushion and perfect that my husband and I did not want to leave the resort for anything. The service was out of this world. Staff went out of their way for you. Very clean facility. Rooms were spacious and super clean. Food was fantastic, as well as happy hour 2x day. Great entertainment for both adults and kids. We are looking forward to returning in the future. <3

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jessica s
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Torres has theme nights for food. We decided to check out the Prime Rib night thinking that this older hotel might have really nice ambiance for the price. The Prime Rib was 459 pesos and for that you got a small salad, small baked potato and a few frozen vegetables. The carnivores at the table rated the meat quality average and found portion size small. Local beer was 44 pesos which is ridiculous; the most expensive we have seen in Mazatlan. Needless to say, won't be recommending this or going back for pasta night. The two stars are for the waiter, who was run off his feet and who tried to keep us fed and watered. There are much better places to eat in Maz. Don't bother with this unless it's part of your package.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Beautiful beach, clean, nice people- Touring part of the local places was unique and lots of fun. Locals were very pleasant and it was awesome visiting patrons that make masks for the night of the dead which is quite a festival in Mexico

Stayed: February 2017