See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We have stayed at Solamar many times over the last 16 years, and the experience is always good. A lot of the staff have been there many years, and give you a great welcome when you go back ( even if you are staying at an adjacent property )......We have a timeshare at Mayan, which we do not use.....due to the cold and unfriendly atmosphere there.......facilities there much fancier,but enjoy Solamar much more. Unless you really need the 5* experience, I would recommend Solamar.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank decogran
Reviewed 7 December 2012

cafe very good food fair prices and very friendly staff.2 for 1 specials ribs or fish or chicken.George are waiter is very nice and funny..The pub next door is a good place to watch some sport or play a game of pool.Rooms are comfortable and clean.We were there for 4 weeks and found the staff friendly and very helpfull.We would come back here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigchinook1
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed for 3 weeks in January and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The staff was excellent and I got to practical my limited Spanish with them. Close to all amenities. I enjoyed it enough that I am taking my husband back in January. My only complaint is the hard beds, otherwise I would have given an excellent (5 *) rating

Room Tip: Check the beds. Some are wonderful, others, not so much.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sheila M
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have never stayed at the solamar inn. Allthough they are usually very full. I do have breakfast there because they specials that are a little different for a fair price. You can get 2 eggs, bacon, toast, pancakes, coffee and potatos for $ 70 pecos. Its worth a stop.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank horizanadventures
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Through the years my family and friends have enjoyed time at the Solamar Inn, Sombrero Suites and in Nasha´s private homes and have enjoyed many great meals in their Minnesota Cafe Restaurant and Bar. They have a great pool area with a great atmosphere and they are all located just across the street from the Ocean ... perfect location ... We highly recommend all Nasha´s accommodations. Enjoy ::))

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends