1,348 results
All reviewssnack barocean viewa lot of funbuffet restauranta la cartesmall baymake reservationstennis courtsweek staymexican foodteatrosandmexicoresortpesosfernandowaves
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Staff was rude, unfriendly and unaccommodating. This surprised me as all of my other experiences in Mexico have been quite the opposite. We cancelled our reservation and found a much nicer hotel for the same money with lovely staff and facilities. (Camino Real, also in Manzanillo.)

Not sure what the problem is with this hotel, but I was not the only one requesting to see the manager. There was another family there who were trying to get their money back because they said the hotel was dirty and the buffet food unacceptable.

Felt like we dodged a bullet. Do yourself a favor and keep looking!

Room Tip: Room in a different hotel is my suggestion.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank ezzyp51
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Have stayed at Tesoro before, had a great time. This time not not so much, I booked master suite on the tesoro website, showed me two seperate living areas and a seperate bedroom. I checked in and went to the room, it was a standard room with two double beds. I went back down to lobby asked them what happened? They said oh sorry gave you wrong room. I went up to second room it was a junior suite?? again not what I booked. I went to a different person at the desk and said what is going on??. She said oh sorry I don't know, I showed her my reservation plus the pictures from the website. She said oh that's the royal suite? I said HUH? Don't care what you call it that's what I booked. Finally gave me the room. It took over an hour to check in and had to move luggage two more times. Room was nice but carpet was filthy, my daughter who is 2 ran around for abut 20 minutes and her feet were black. pool area under construction, useable but not good. Food was average, but ok for a buffet. Food in ala cart restaurant was bad, no selections really, and flavor ..well was none. service in buffet was terrible, did find a couple of servers who were good. Oh ya if you want to go to the restaurant you have to go down to the lobby at 915 am and make for each evening. Shows were decent but only 1 hr, really nothing to do at the hotel in the evening. They don't even have a bar or cantina you can go, they have lobby bar which is not much but an empty lobby serving drinks. No WIFI in rooms or pool , only in the lobby and cost 75 pesos. Overall I wwas dissapointed in our stay, were stayed 6 nights, the weather and location was great but that's about it. Not sure if I would return.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank caposvegas
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

The brunch had many choices, food was warm and tasty. The service was good and the view was excellent
The price was good, the peso was 20:1. It is fun to remember that the scene from the movie " 10 " was filmed on this beach.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank whalrs
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The good, the rooms were clean, the air conditioning worked well, and the staff are great. Some of the bad for us was, the beach is not really for swimmers(some rip tides and in a small bay), food is average at best(much was tasteless), the hotel was 40% full and the pool was packed, and lines to eat, thus I can not image how busy this place would be at 100% full hotel.

We will probably not return, the staff is their saving grace for me.

Notes: You do have pay for the internet if you want to use it and we reserved rooms with and without ocean views and all of the rooms got ocean views, so we should not paid extra for one room to have ocean view in hindsight.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on higher floors for views
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Dean R
Reviewed 1 May 2017

This is a nice resort great for young families with little kids. No loud drunks at this resort not one... The food was ok I like more variety. They did have 2 a la cartes. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bed was a little hard but if you ask for a foamy they will get you one right away. The staff are friendly and accommodating . I wish I spoke better Spanish . The beach was nice ... careful of that very hot sand... the pool was great with one swim up bar it closed at 5. The lobby lounge was closed during the day open after 5 ( if I recall) The hotel itself is very nice it has so much potential. The Sunwing rep Francisco Romero Anaya was super. Very caring ... I hurt my foot the 2nd day there( no fault of the hotel~ it was my "shoes" fault) which was a drag as I couldn't go to the gym or walk-on the beach. They provided a tensor , a change of room to one closer to the elevator (less walking for me) , a wheelchair which I didn't want and crutches which I used for a bit. The higher the room the nicer the view ... If I hadn't hurt my foot I think I would have had a better time... maybe next trip !

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank ADR555
Victor M, Director General at Tesoro Manzanillo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Guest

In the name of Tesoro Manzanillo people we appreciate the time to share your experience in Trip Advisor, this comments help us to continue working in look for quality of service. We celebrate that you enjoy the great views; we are working in upgrade all our services, new furniture for rooms and new bathrooms will help to improve your experience at Tesoro resorts.

Regards