“Not so pet friendly”

Holiday Inn Monterrey Norte
Ranked #38 of 96 Hotels in Monterrey
Reviewed 28 January 2013

The general experience is not so good, with dirty carpets and an overall "old" feeling inside the hallways. I usually travel with my pet and other hotel chains let you keep it inside the room. Here they sent my dog to a filthy cage outside the building with nighttime temperatures almost below freezing. I was admonished for trying to cross the lobby with my pet even after explaining that there was no other exit open at the moment.

Also the personal at the front desk takes forever to answer phone calls and keeps you on hold indefinitely. I later discovered that this was due to them chatting all day long!

The breakfast was OK, warm and good tasting with a varied selection of food.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back may be subject to dog barks at night since they are close to the dens.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Juan Pablo R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Monterrey Norte, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Dear Juan Pablo R,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. For that reason, the comments regarding the level of service from our hotel staff, condition of the hotel and poor service are troubling and will certainly be looked into. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 6 January 2013

WE payed for the night with breakfast included, they did not give us the breakfast saying it was a mistake, but they charged the full price in advanced.
We ask the recepcionist about hte cost of the call to 800, she said it was free, when we checked out they charged a,lot for one call.
They usually have parties, the noise of the music is so,loud you can not sleep well.
Even that we only stayed one night it was a nightmare, awful ecperience.
The recepcionist very rude.
We do not like to be cheated are you???

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Monterrey Norte, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear IRA_LELI98,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Katie J

Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel is definetely timed, I normally pay too much attention into details, but you do not mind that too much probably you will not notice, the staff was ok nothing extraordinary, the breakfast was a buffet with warm food,( omelette, chilaquiles, pozole,) nothing bad for a 90usd nigth rate, if I would stay here again? , I would think about it, If I would find a newer property in the area would consider it.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Smartbob
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Smartbob,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We are glad you liked the value of our hotel as well as our breakfast options. I apologize you were not satisfied with the room accommodations received. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. We apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day.

Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Pam G.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I decided to stay at this hotel after trying the Hampton Inn one block down the street. As with the Hampton Inn, this Holiday Inn is very outdated an in dire need of a complete renovation. The only modern amenity in the room is the flat screen TV. Otherwise, everything else has to be at least 20 years old. On the positive side, the staff was very courteous and willing to assist with any of my needs or requests. Bottom line, I will try another hotel before I come back to the Holiday Inn Norte.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My first time in Mexico and this hotel is used often by my employer due to it's proximity to our facility here. This is probably a bit below average for US standards. The lobby, restaurant, and bar are very nice and the service and food were quite good, but the rooms were a bit dated - this one big turn off for me was the bathroom (The tub was a bit "icky"), but clean overall. However, I would probably stay here again if in the area. My co-worker had the suite which was also dated, but very large and a step up from the regular room. For the money a very good deal...

Room Tip: Get a suite - twice the size and still cheap at around $100 US Dollars
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monterrey
0.1 km away
16.7 km away
Fairfield Inn Monterrey Airport
16.8 km away
Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey-Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Monterrey Norte? Share your experiences!