See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2013

WE payed for the night with breakfast included, they did not give us the breakfast saying it was a mistake, but they charged the full price in advanced.
We ask the recepcionist about hte cost of the call to 800, she said it was free, when we checked out they charged a,lot for one call.
They usually have parties, the noise of the music is so,loud you can not sleep well.
Even that we only stayed one night it was a nightmare, awful ecperience.
The recepcionist very rude.
We do not like to be cheated are you???

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Monterrey Norte, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear IRA_LELI98,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel is definetely timed, I normally pay too much attention into details, but you do not mind that too much probably you will not notice, the staff was ok nothing extraordinary, the breakfast was a buffet with warm food,( omelette, chilaquiles, pozole,) nothing bad for a 90usd nigth rate, if I would stay here again? , I would think about it, If I would find a newer property in the area would consider it.

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank Smartbob
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Smartbob,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We are glad you liked the value of our hotel as well as our breakfast options. I apologize you were not satisfied with the room accommodations received. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. We apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day.

Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I decided to stay at this hotel after trying the Hampton Inn one block down the street. As with the Hampton Inn, this Holiday Inn is very outdated an in dire need of a complete renovation. The only modern amenity in the room is the flat screen TV. Otherwise, everything else has to be at least 20 years old. On the positive side, the staff was very courteous and willing to assist with any of my needs or requests. Bottom line, I will try another hotel before I come back to the Holiday Inn Norte.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My first time in Mexico and this hotel is used often by my employer due to it's proximity to our facility here. This is probably a bit below average for US standards. The lobby, restaurant, and bar are very nice and the service and food were quite good, but the rooms were a bit dated - this one big turn off for me was the bathroom (The tub was a bit "icky"), but clean overall. However, I would probably stay here again if in the area. My co-worker had the suite which was also dated, but very large and a step up from the regular room. For the money a very good deal...

Room tip: Get a suite - twice the size and still cheap at around $100 US Dollars
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I stayed for about one week beginning about Dec 29, 2010. I find Mexico charming and overlook minor issues as a difference of culture. However, on the night of Dec 29, 2010, there was a live-band party booked 25 feet from my exterior wall which was entirely glass. This party lasted until 12:30 AM. No, Im did not complaint a) I wasn't going to move my possessions to another room, b) I wasn't going to move children to another room, c) my complaint would not stop a scheduled/booked party. HORRIBLE, POOR MANAGEMENT. During my stay, the weather was both hot and then cold. The central heaters were turned on. Even when turned down completely in the room, the heat still seeps in. Sleeping was impossible in a sweatbox. I called the front desk at 2 am on Jan 2, 2011 and talked to Jorje. From my experience in the Lodging industry, lesser capable employees are given the night shift. Jorje was extremely rude and attempted to "over-talk" me by interupting me and raising his voice. At 2 am I went to the front desk to talk to the rudester in person with a video camera in my hand. Jorje changed as he spoke to the video camera and was very polite. Jorje had to be very rude to make me get dressed at 2 am and go see him in person. This is not typical behavior of persons in the hospitality industry in Mexico. Restaurant is great. All other employees great. Roomm are clean. Water is hot. Security is fair. Enough English spoken at front desk if needed.

Date of stay: December 2010