All reviews eagles song gift shop day trip cabo san lucas t shirts the penthouse iconic hotel tequila sunrise quick stop nachos fun place la paz great lunch local artists worth the trip in town small town
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Selected Chili Rellenos with shrimp and scallops - just super! Wonderful combination. And great beer and wine.

Very popular tourist spot by looking at the crowd.

The town is great for walking around - must visit the Church.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2017

3 visits to the restaurant within 7 months and I can comfortably say that I have no desire to return Sure, it's cool to say you went there, but a simple walk through the (Harassing) gift shop & walk through the back patio is sufficient.

I've done 2 breakfasts & 1 lunch at the restaurant. Cinnamon rolls are great when they are available. Fresh, warm & just the right size for a small snack. Other breakfast items are fine. Do-able, but nothing extraordinary. Staff was attentive, but constantly want to add things to your order, upselling - we get it.
Lunch.......pretty bad. Group of 5 of us all got different things & no one finished anything. The worst was the mole. It was AWFUL. Strips of white chicken meat (Same ones used for Fajitas) just doused in Mole sauce. We had to ask for an order of tortillas to go with the Fajitas.....strange. And the pasta dish was overcooked.

The hotel does have a private guarded lot that you can park in for "free". During my last visit the guard said to us "You have to tip me now if you want your car guarded" So I happily parked on the street. I have NO PROBLEM tipping the lot attendant after my visit somewhere, I have NO PROBLEM paying for parking, but I have a problem with a demand of a tip. I asked him if the hotel paid him to watch the lot, he said "Barely", understandable. I let the front desk know of the demands & the staff there seemed embarrassed. He had the hotel Manager come find me during my meal & I explained the situation. The hotel manager just shrugged and stated "So, he's guarding it. I don't see a problem"

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2017

This little mexican town is quite picturesque and the Hotel California is a downtown landmark. They have expanded the hotel by adding a gift shop, bar, and center plaza. The last time that we visited this place, it was located on a dirt road; now, everything is paved and built up. Great break from the congestion of Cabo San Lucas.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2017

We went 7 friends to pass the day. It is beautiful, quaint and gorgeous. We got to see a couple of the rooms and they are super and for the price one of the best deals I have seen. We stayed for lunch and it was magnificent. The staff is a 10. After that we went to the shops at the hotel and I bought gifts for the wife. She loved it. We will be back.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

I had amazing time with my wife and we visit California hotel and todo Santos city . I recommend everyone to visit and make this one day trip when vacationing in cabo San Lucas
This trip was back in July 2017. Wear comfortable shoes because there us walking. I recommend staying night at this hotel. It's great experience

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple