“What a cool place to have Breakfast”
Review of Hotel California

Hotel California
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Todos Santos
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Start your day out right excellent coffee to start the atmosphere, the music played, the waiter all added to the perfect breakfast I had the French toast with fruit it was marvellous. We will be returning for breakfast before we leave our Cabo San Lucas vacation

Room Tip: Service and value were excellent and atmosphere was awesome
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Selected Chili Rellenos with shrimp and scallops - just super! Wonderful combination. And great beer and wine.

Very popular tourist spot by looking at the crowd.

The town is great for walking around - must visit the Church.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2017

3 visits to the restaurant within 7 months and I can comfortably say that I have no desire to return Sure, it's cool to say you went there, but a simple walk through the (Harassing) gift shop & walk through the back patio is sufficient.

I've done 2 breakfasts & 1 lunch at the restaurant. Cinnamon rolls are great when they are available. Fresh, warm & just the right size for a small snack. Other breakfast items are fine. Do-able, but nothing extraordinary. Staff was attentive, but constantly want to add things to your order, upselling - we get it.
Lunch.......pretty bad. Group of 5 of us all got different things & no one finished anything. The worst was the mole. It was AWFUL. Strips of white chicken meat (Same ones used for Fajitas) just doused in Mole sauce. We had to ask for an order of tortillas to go with the Fajitas.....strange. And the pasta dish was overcooked.

The hotel does have a private guarded lot that you can park in for "free". During my last visit the guard said to us "You have to tip me now if you want your car guarded" So I happily parked on the street. I have NO PROBLEM tipping the lot attendant after my visit somewhere, I have NO PROBLEM paying for parking, but I have a problem with a demand of a tip. I asked him if the hotel paid him to watch the lot, he said "Barely", understandable. I let the front desk know of the demands & the staff there seemed embarrassed. He had the hotel Manager come find me during my meal & I explained the situation. The hotel manager just shrugged and stated "So, he's guarding it. I don't see a problem"

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2017

This little mexican town is quite picturesque and the Hotel California is a downtown landmark. They have expanded the hotel by adding a gift shop, bar, and center plaza. The last time that we visited this place, it was located on a dirt road; now, everything is paved and built up. Great break from the congestion of Cabo San Lucas.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2017

We went 7 friends to pass the day. It is beautiful, quaint and gorgeous. We got to see a couple of the rooms and they are super and for the price one of the best deals I have seen. We stayed for lunch and it was magnificent. The staff is a 10. After that we went to the shops at the hotel and I bought gifts for the wife. She loved it. We will be back.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
0.7 km away
Pension California
Pension California
#28 of 39 in La Paz

Been to Hotel California? Share your experiences!