“food and service are great”
Review of La Moresca

La Moresca
Ranked #29 of 675 Restaurants in Tijuana
Price range: USD 1 - USD 2
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We are frequent customers of this restaurant. Overall the food and wine selection are great. I usually start off with a salad and the portobello mushrooms, this time we also tried the Diavola shrimp, they were a bit spicy in a creamy sauce. They were very good and full of flavor. For dinner we had the lamb and a pizza that has pear, cheese and basil. The pizzas are out of this world, they always come out perfect. I will give the restaurant 3 stars because of the loud music. It was so loud, I could barely hear my husband. They didn't always have a DJ but when they brought a young DJ in, it was a big mistake. We are older and like to go out and enjoy ourselves. I love music but I don't like the techno type stuff and so loud. I don't think we'll be returning until this changes. Everyone here is really nice and attentive unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me. The restaurant feels like a lounge not like a restaurant...

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I arrived at this restaurant with my girlfriend and her adult daughter because I was intrigued by the reviews. At least in the evening, it's definitely a dark restaurant. The decor is nice. The menu is Mediterranean and Italian with the Mediterranean definitely being on the European side. We ordered carpaccio and Portabella mushrooms as our starters. They were both good. We then had a varied selection of entrées from steak, tuna and I had the Frutti do Mare. Out of all the dishes, I think mine was my favorite. The steak was good, but the tuna seemed like this hunking mess. All the portions were well sized unlike normal fine dining. The two women had to struggle to finish their plates because of the portions. The service was good and attentive for the most part. The music was a little too loud. It wasn't until much later I realized they had a live DJ playing music. They have a nice wine selection and okay beer selection, but push the mixed drinks which was good from what we had. I am on the fence with this restaurant. While some of the menu items were good, others were just average. The loud DJ music detracted from it being a place where you might want conversation in the mix. This is also a moderately priced restaurant for Tijuana standards. I think that this restaurant is best characterized as a place for the weekends for where you want to go to get a late dinner or just go out for drinks with friends. It may be a totally different experience eating here for lunch, just not sure that I was happy enough with dinner to give it another shot even during the day.

1  Thank Alexandre Esteb... R
marcoGuadalajara, Propietario at La Moresca, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Enjoyed Mother's day at La Moresca with my family. We tried the burrata, minestrone soup and pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms, yummy. What can I say about their pizza? It comes out cooked to perfection, not burned and perfect for sharing. Their menu has plenty of variety, pastas, pizzas, lasagna. I have tried their lasagna before and it's delicious, lots of cheese and sauce if thatt's what you like. They also have a great list of Mexican and Italian wines, plenty to chose from. If you rather have a cocktail, the bartenders are very knowlegeable and can make any drink you desire. For desserts we had lemon pie which was incredible and the crepes with nutella, vanilla ice cream and coconut flakes. Everything tasted wonderful and the service matched the delicious food. The servers will take excellent care of you and the prices are very reasonable. This is my go to spot in TJ! You will enjoy this amazing place where they make a customer feel very much appreciated!

marcoGuadalajara, Propietario at La Moresca, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Hello thank you very much for your kind comments.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

We were not expecting Italian, the name does not sound Italian, but, it was Italian and it was very good. The pasta was delicious, the pizza excellent and the tuna carpaccio outstanding. The service was excellent. I very much recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

We went to this restaurant for dinner with co-workers and friends. The service is really good as their beer selection, the food was excellent and it wasn't expensive, even tho the place looked that way.