USD 208
  • Pool
Hotel Ticuan(Tijuana)
USD 106
USD 100
Aqua Rio Hotel(Tijuana)(Great Value!)
USD 42
USD 39
USD 113
B my Hotel(Tijuana)
USD 77
Hotels.com
USD 63
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We went on a whim on the 4th of July. We didn't know where to go..and just set the GPS for downtown Tijuana. Well we had a blast sampling the street food and buying souvenirs. We finally settled in to a bar called Nelson Hotel. We ordered margaritas topped off with hot pepper flakes..which were very good..it wasn't the cleanest place but it had a few Americans there and locals and all seemed to be having a good time. The band was okay and sometimes their microphone crackled but still enjoyable for the atmosphere. We ordered food to go..such as beef tacos and quesadillas. However when we sat down to listen to the band we decided we wanted to eat a fajitas dinner but were turned down because the waiter said we already bought food at the bar!?? Didn't make sense so we listened to the band for 15 minutes and then left. My daughter and I and a male friend went together..I would never go with just two females and no male. People were friendly there and we did not feel threatened in any way or unsafe. We had a good time left about 1am which was a huge mistake because of the holiday.... crossing the border back to San Diego was long and frustrating. I couldn't believe that so many street vendors were even allowed all the way up to where the border crossing booths are! They were selling or trying to sell...everything from food to puppies to those going back stateside.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2016

The Nelson is a blast from the past, so it's only fair to not expect too much from it. The staff are very friendly and helpful & they speak English. The room I had on the 4th floor was an experience in itself. Facing the side street where a cacophony of Mariachi bands going 24/7 - literally - could either keep you up all night or allow it to 'lull' you to sleep; the carpet in the room was way past its best as was the rest of the furniture, but the room was spacious and there was hot water. As the nights were cooler than the baking heat of the day, it was comfortable enough to sleep. Free WiFi. It was more or less what I expected in Tijuana and don't regret the 3 nights I stayed. The rate was $M490 pn.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Sunny V
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this one night when all the other hotels where booked around Revolution where full. I paid 377 pesos for a room with water stains on the ceiling no ac and no cable in the room only a fan. Couch pillows for the bed. No in room wifi(wifi in the lobby only) and the shower in the bathroom had no shower head. This is by far was an overpriced for tj not the states hotel i ever stayed in. See other hotels around revolution offer similar service at a much better price like 300 pesos or below. Which for those i would not complain so much but i stayed in a hotel up the street during the week that has in room wifi ac for 370 pesos a night. Which at the time of writing it was about 16 pesos per us dollar.
They did have ones with ac that where full the night i was there but those over look a shopping area where there is noise and music late into the night so not to stay if you need sleep also those are like four to five hundred pesos a night. Even when i looked at one of these rooms once they where still just as ugly and dirty as the room i stayed in just with ac and cable. I assuming not sure but i believe the wifi even in these more expensive rooms is still in the lobby. So your paying a lot foe not much of a return your better if you are able to stay at the espaina or there even hotels in other parts of tj that are beautiful for the same pesos.
The upside where the staff where super friendly and accommodating the room itself was pretty quiet as i was on the inside room away for the noisy shopping area it over looked. Once just hopping in a cold shower to cool myself off and then going into the room with the fan running i was comfortable for the night. To block what ever noise might have come during the night i used the app noise machine with a pair of headphones. Which is app that produces brown noise and that app with the headphones has allowed me to sleep in the noisiest hotels in mexico. I am not paid or endorsed or funded by the app makers. I just have found this is the best background noise app i have tried. Mexico i am finding is very noisy.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2015 via mobile

I haven't stayed in hotel but visited a restaurant. It's nice place, clean, prices are not expensive and food is very good. Mexican food and sea food, service is good. Stuff is very welcoming and friendly, easy to talk and make friends with :)

Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank JulietVatslaviv
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I like to stay at the Hotel Nelson. It has a "at home" feeling. The staff is great. One thing I love is hearing the Mariachis outside of my window at night. Don't care what time of night they play.....it's a great felling =)

Julie Orozco

Room Tip: I suggest the rooms with the windows facing the outside stage.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family