All reviews beautiful pool pool area very nice hotel central location medical tourism breakfast buffet rooms were very clean plaza rio dental work nice room lucerna rivoli mexicali mexico tj dominos javier
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Rooms are large and spacious. Bottled water is supplied. TV is old and bad picture, but there are US Channels to watch. Towels were old and hard. Coffee machine was not cleaned after my 1st night and water not refreshed in the bottles.
A/C there is no way you are going to sleep with it running very noisy.
Staff are 1st class and super friendly. I was booked here for 3 nights came out to use the Dentist in MX but leaving a day early and pleased to get the heck out of here.
The area is alright not much to do especially if you are traveling alone. It sure is not as bad as I expected. Its way nicer than many areas of San Francisco and Oakland.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Telesforo F, Gerente at Hotel Lucerna Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you for share your experience. We are in the process to replace the TVs and HD channels, All the staff expect to see you soon.
Best regards

Reviewed 30 August 2018

This was the second time I stayed here, the first time was at K-tower and I was very happy with the room, hotel, and especially the service both times. Will be back again and hopefully every time I am overnight in Tijuana!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments, all the staff are engaged to assist you during your stay.
We expect to see you soon at your next visit!

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

My Girlfriend and I booked a room through Trip Advisor at this hotel. Everything was great but my debit card got charged twice. Once through Trip Advisor and the second charge was when we checked in. When we checked out I asked why we got charged twice and they explained that I would get the Trip Advisor charge back in 5 days or less because they are going to cancel it out because they don’t want to get a Trip Advisor booking fee. I wasn’t very happy about this and it has been 7 days now and the Trip Advisor charge cleared my bank so I’m left paying twice. Definitely not what I’d expect from a hotel like this. We will never stay there again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremiah S

Thank you for the feedback regarding the recent stay with us.
My apologize for the inconvenient with the method payment. If you allow me, I can assist you to clarify the double charge at your debit card.
You can contact me directly, It will be a pleasure to assist you.

Telesforo Fernandez

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent hotel, beautiful, and in a great location close to lots of good restaurants and bars. Safe neighborhood, ok to walk around at night. Also plenty of taxis and Uber is available. Hotel has nice bar and restaurant too.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for share your experience with us. In Lucerna the guests safety is a priority, once you get in, sudenly a comfortable sensation appears.
It was a pleasure to assit you.
Telesforo Fernandez

Reviewed 18 August 2018

We were looking for a long weekend getaway and on a bit of a lark, chose this place with another couple. We walked across the border. A four dollar Uber ride and you're there. We stayed in the "K-Tower" section of the hotel which offered as its key draw access to the hotel's rooftop pool and ground floor lounge--if we didn't book in there we might not have missed it but since we did, we'd call it essential to the best experience.

The venue is a real value proposition for the quality of accommodation: big, modern rooms well-appointed (no tub) and not garish. The ground floor lounge had a lovely daily European breakfast--daily until the respectable hour of 10:30AM--with everything from Iberico ham to tiny Mexican style pastries and cheeses and--a standout--mint spinach and vegetable juice.

The rooftop pool--ultra modern in grey stone and stucco and concrete with painted tile accents--offers panoramic views of the basin Tijuana sits in. Bar service was first-rate (Mexican Bloody Marys a specialty) and the restaurant was an amazing fusion of sushi with Mexican accents--several aguachiles and other mashups of the two cuisines. Sushi and all ingredients--greens and sauces were super fresh.

There's two other restaurants on the property--one an Italian themed place we had lunch at on the first day and a casual cafe/bistro restaurant we didn't visit. We DID frequently patronize the lobby bar for mezcal shots with sangrita on the side; this was mild and tangy on the roof, sickly sweet in the bar. On Sundays they feature the mother of all breakfast buffets but we were fat enough from visits to other neighborhood restaurants--both Javier Plascentia's Mision 19 and Villa Marina (magnificent seafood under a cavernous palapa roof and fluorescent lighting) a short walk away--that we skipped that but we could see how that would be a draw for those really wanting to tie on the feedbag.

Staff were uniformly helpful, earnest but not obsequious. Sorry we can't remember them by name. They never felt like they were trying to upsell you.

We would definitely visit this property again. Four hours and a world away from Los Angeles.

Stayed: August 2018
Stefano A, Gerente at Hotel Lucerna Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Guest,

We are grateful that we were able to meet your expectations during your recent stay at K Tower Boutique Hotel. I will surely share all your wonderful comments with the entire team. We hope to be your host in Tijuana in the near future.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at K Tower Boutique Hotel.