“Take time to eat well and enjoy life.......”
Review of Halfway House

Halfway House
Ranked #69 of 190 Restaurants in Rosarito
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: Fusion
Reviewed 14 July 2015

We stopped here for breakfast while in Rosarito last week.
It was so good we stopped there again the next morning.
Chef Johnny is an excellent cook. He came put the second day thanked us for coming back and took our order. After our meal he came and chatted with us for a bit. He puts love into the dishes and has a sense of pride for his craft. He only uses fresh ingredients. Where else could you get breakfast from a classically trained chef who has cooked for 3 Mexican presidents......all for $6 or less a dish?
Fresh squeezed orange juice, real ice cream shakes, flavorful perfectly cooked food. As for service pace I appreciate the culture as its a slower pace which reminds you to be in the moment and take time to enjoy life. As far as I am concerned this is a must stop in Rosarito.

1  Thank Nursegurl

Reviewed 15 May 2015

The map for this is wrong. It really is a drag to drive all over trying to find a place that is on the wrong place on the map. When I finally did find it the food was bad and the service was very very slow. I don't recommend this place.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have been going to the halfway house for 15 years now. Johnnie is an awesome chef and a very kind fellow. I am chuckling at some of these other reviews complaining about price. In my opinion, Johnnie is a world-class chef. He is trained in French and Spanish cuisine and also has taught other chefs. We consistently go there as a group of 4 and spend about $100 on a meal with appetizers, steaks or fish and salads, or $25 per head. For the exceptional quality of the food, I'm not sure what price people are expecting.

Unlike some stuffy 4-star restaurant in San Diego, the atmosphere is relaxed and casual, but the food is every bit as good. The ocean views are stunning. This is the perfect place for a date, a family outing, or a group of friends to get together. The service is absolutely exceptional. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Northern Baja.

3  Thank Tad C
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We came here for lunch but just ended up getting beers and looking elsewhere. Really cool little hole in the wall right on the water, but the prices are average to high for the US. The complementary salsa was great. Most dishes are $10-20. They do have a kids menu.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

The Fillet Mignon in wine and mushroom sauce is unbelievable. The meat was so tender you could cut it with your fork.

1  Thank Steve S