All reviews great hotel costa baja food counter shuttle service to downtown hot and cold items marina view room empanadas nice sitting area newer property nicest beaches made to order omelets would highly recommend this hotel heated pool choose this hotel breakfast buffet minute drive partial view
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We went to th Hyatt Place La Paz to listen to Terry Townson play Jazz music. It was my first time there. Unfortunatley some people in our party receive very poor service for their cocktails. 45 minutes wait for a drink is just plain crazy. Also the losquitos were really bad. I ask the waiter if they had any spray and his response was " no one ever complains about that". I went home with about a half a dozen bites.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
HPLaPaz, General Manager at Hyatt Place La Paz, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your comments. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit, we will make sure include in our mini store repellent for mosquitos.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 May 2018

I am a Hyatt Globalist and received great treatment during my stay. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in La Paz.

Location:
- For us, this property is perfect because it's right between the key beaches (Balandra & Tecolote) and Malecon restaurants. The downside is that you can't really walk to restaurants. Not a problem for us as we preferred a quieter/newer property as opposed to the business of town.

- There is a shuttle that runs hourly that takes you into "town", but we never used it because had a car (free parking, highly recommended).

Property:
- I love that this property is only 4 years old. As a result, everything is still new and shiny.
- They have a small pool with a lot of shades which is a godsend during the very hot afternoon (Baja sun is no joke!)
- There's a gym, but I didn't use it, but it looks out to the water, which is very pretty.
- The only downside of this hotel is that the walls are pretty thin. I heard families and people being "loud" down the hallways. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

Room:
- I was given a room that had a beautiful view of the water (442).
- The room was large (two queen beds) and clean.
- The beds are comfortable and consistent with all Hyatt Places properties.

Staff:
- Amazing staff that went above and beyond.
- The GM sent me a cake & a lovely handwritten card for my birthday.
- They blew up our floaties!!!

- Super tasty breakfast; far more superb than other Hyatt Place locations. I loved the omelette station, really amazing eggs, mole sauce (for chilaquiles), banana shake (OMG), and fresh papaya
- As with all Hyatt Places, you receive shampoo/conditioner, bars of soap, and gel cleanser. I actually prefer this because there's less waste.
- HUGE perk: they lend you FREE coolers, umbrellas, and towels. And I think they have floaties that you can borrow for the pool, but more importantly, they can blow them up for you.

At only 5K points per night, this hotel is a gem and I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Ask for view of Marina
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are glad to know your reviews, your experiences are very important to us.

We always do our best to give you an amazing experience during your stay at Hyatt Place La Paz.

Also thank you for your preference and all the compliments you share us about our services and facilities, we hope to celebrate your birthday next year together.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

nice hotel with comfortable rooms , great location (5 minutes drive from la paz promenade , el malecon, and 10 minutes drive from beautiful Labranda and Tecolete beaches) , friendly staff ( especially Paula at front desk) . we spent five nights from 15 to 20 may ( we had a room at 4th floor with a partial view to the marina and the road) and enjoyed our stay t. breakfast is good as well.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to know you are delighted with our facilities and our services.

Thank you for sharing your reviews thought this survey; we always want to exceed your expectations, making an unforgettable experience during your stay with us.

In addition, we want to thank for your preference,

Best regards.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Very friendly and sincere staff, looked after us really well. Great location with shuttle to the Malecon if you want. Minutes from marina. Clean and spacious room, NEW! Great views. Recommend for sure

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HPLaPaz, General Manager at Hyatt Place La Paz, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

In addition, we want to thank for your preference,

Best regards.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

This was my 3rd visit to La Paz but my first time at the Hyatt Place. Previously I had stayed at the Costa Baja but the rooms are too small and i don’t feel that it’s value for money.
Check in at the Hyatt was easy and I mean really easy. I was checking in a group and it was very quick and stress free.
The rooms are a good size, contemporary and well appointed. I don’t usually like a shower over bath but it’s new enough not to look out dated. The shower pressure was a little low (perhaps it’s better on lower floors).
There’s a good sized couch in the room which was great for families with kids.
The highlight of these rooms are the beds. They are the most comfortable I’ve ever slept on in a hotel. So good that I could have easily over slept. The pillows are great too.
I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again when I come back to La Paz however there is a little room for improvement as follows:
The breakfast is ok. Nothing special but it’s nice that it’s included in the price.
There’s no face cloths in the bathroom.
Only 1 bottle of complimentary water per person per day. (We only had 2 bottles between 4 people on the first day)
The pool is small and shallow.
The gym is small and has limited equipment.
We also paid extra for a marina view room which mainly looked over the car park and the boat yard next door. Other members of our group looked over the pool and the sea without paying extra for their room. The upgrade wasn’t expensive but if you pay for it check the view first before accepting your room. At the Costa Baja we paid for a pool view room that looked over a stair well with no pool in sight.
Like any hotel the Hyatt Place has a few areas to improve but overall it’s a nice well maintained hotel with efficient staff that still has the new feel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
HPLaPaz, General Manager at Hyatt Place La Paz, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Mr. Tim,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your comments and for the opportunity to host you during your visit in La Paz, we really appreciate it.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your positive comments will be shared with our team.