See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

I really liked staying here for several days in February 2014. The hotel was quite clean, the staff was very very nice and helpful, and the security guard and I laughed a lot. Wasn't too much of a breakfast, but it was good enough for me. The only thing I didn't like was the annoying person trying to convince me to take a whale shark tour with him when I already had one with someone else. DON'T try to shove your bombastic, pompous attitude down my throat!!! Just ignore him and you'll be fine. That's really not the hotels fault he's like that. He might be new as a tour operator or he might be desperate for money, which is understandable in Mexico. Anyways, there is a really nice grocery store across the street where you can get almost any Mexican food you could want. You're not too far from the airport or downtown. Both cost about $15.00-$20.00 to get to by taxi. All in all, I really enjoyed my stay here. I would do it again in a heartbeat!!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Tigerman777
Management response:Responded 18 January 2017

Dear Guest

We appreciate your comments and we are glad that your stay has been pleasant and a great experience, I comment that day by day we work hard in the training of our staff to offer the quality of service that our guests deserve. We hope to see you very soon at Hotel Zar La Paz.

Excellent day!

Reviewed 28 October 2015

My plan was going to Cabo, but things didn't go as planned. I ended up in Hotel Zar, and I have to say, maybe it's not five stars and all that stuff, but I had a good time. Despite I was dissapointed because of my trip, Hotel Zar was a good place to stay for little money.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Jack H
Reviewed 18 July 2015

I have stayed at this hotel several times from the opening, however I have to say this hotel has everything to be in the Top Ten Hotels in La Paz!, sadly is not!.

This hotel still seems like a brand new hotel, the staff is friendly but sometimes is a bit rude, the rooms are average but sometimes are dirty or lack of maintenance, believe it or not there are not telephone inside the rooms!.

The good points: very good rate, a simple breakfast is included in the rate, there is a huge parking lot just in front of the front desk, there is a pool on the back and the General Manager is always willing to listen to the guests!, nonetheless is a good option.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank MangiaTutti
Reviewed 29 May 2015

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed 3 April 2015 via mobile

Lower cost, decent accommodations rooms are very basic and beds not very comfortable. Showers were bad ideas, they bought luxury enclosed shower systems but not made for commercial applications. Basic breakfast options. On the main drag but about 10 min or so from downtown. If looking for a basic room, no thrills there are worse options in la paz.

Stayed: November 2014