See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is just horrible, do not stay there. Rooms are filthy dirty, with huge cockroaches dropping by .. also you might find a disgusting surprise in your bed, leftovers from previous tenant’s night of love( they don’t change bed sheets). Would never stay there again

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2017

When my husband found this hotel the day before, we were skeptical. Not to mention it didn't show up as a google search, but the Chinese restaurant did. We're travelling via motorcycle, so we aren't able to make plans very far ahead of time, and we need a safe place to park in the places we stay. So it was a relief that when we showed up, they had a safe place to park the bikes, and even more of a relief that the room was clean and had air conditioning! The parking garage they list isn't really what you'd expect. Its more of their basement, and a few cars can fit down there. Two of which I'm assuming were employee cars, and had another guest wanted to park down there it would've fit, but we would've needed to shuffle cars each time someone wanted to get out. Fortunately, the hotel is RIGHT on the boardwalk, so we were able to walk most everywhere we wanted to go. Would definitely recommend this hotel for its price.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed 3 January 2015

I have stayed in hotels all over Mexico. Your basic accommodations tend to be more modest than American motels.
I have stayed at the Pekin a number of times over the years when I have had to spend a travel night in La Paz. While I wouldn't spend a vacation here, it certainly is adequate for my purposes, heading to Los Cabos to catch a plane. The place has always been a real value, usually less than $30US for a clean room near the downtown and it has always had availability when I walked in.
ALL ROOMS are on SECOND FLOOR or above and NO ELEVATOR, I believe.
It is on the Malecon, so the bay is just across the street. I am a woman who travels by myself and I have always felt safe on the Malecon in La Paz, even at night walking to this hotel from the bus station a few blocks away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank rezlaw
Reviewed 5 December 2014

This hotel is above a Asian Restaurant, and the entrance is also in the restaurant itself. The rooms are as basic as they come, with extremely hard beds and no extras of any kind. A simple room isn't a problem, but this room wasn't clean either. The bedside stands were sticky and hadn't been wiped in some time, the one fan in the room was covered in dust, and there was debris on the floor indicating that the room hadn't been thoroughly cleaned. Also, while the hotel indicates that they have limited parking, I'd like to clarify that it's EXTREMELY limited...as in they have a loading dock with one available parking space. I'd recommend spending a few extra pesos and staying at any number of nearby places that don't misrepresent their offerings.
**Also, they are still offering shark fin soup on their menu, despite their response to the guest on this site. There's no indication on the menu that the soup is artificial, and it is indicative of the general nature of this entire establishment.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

This Chinese themed hotel is a great find for us, exactly what we were looking for. The oddly winding hallways lit with colorful lights are delightful and the rooms are as clean as their older tiles can be. Wifi is included and our view is straight out over the bay.

• Stayed: January 2014