“Good location but needs to be cleaned and updated”
Review of Posada El Rey Sol

Posada El Rey Sol
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Ensenada
Reviewed 2 February 2017

The location was excellent. It was within walking distance to museums, town and grocery store. The hotel is very dated and needs refurbishing. It was rather hard to find. There was an elderly , cute dog there. The breakfast nothing to talk about.

Room Tip: Stay away from the back parking lot as it can get noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
globetrotter60, General Manager at Posada El Rey Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Hello Kimi,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am a little confused by your review, though and I think you might have stayed somewhere else. We do not have elderly dogs here, and our rooms have been recently remodeled. Also, you mention we have a great location but you also mention it was hard to find?

If you did indeed stayed with us, my apologies for youe less than great experience. Hopefully you will give us another chance and stay in our remodeled rooms, and you will see more changes throughout the property in the upcoming months.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

It is perfectly located on the Primera. It is a typical US-style motel with a internal courtyard serving as parking lot and rooms all around. The rooms are very old and needing renovation. However, I think it was a decent option for two nights in Ensenada and also good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
globetrotter60, General Manager at Posada El Rey Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Hello,

Thank for your recent stay with us. We also think that our location is amazing, and we work hard at providing you the best value for your money!

You mention our rooms are dated, I think you must have stayed at a non-remodeled room, the good news is that we are almost done with all the room remodels!! So next time you visit us, you shall be in for a very nice surprise!

Regards,

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Family and I recently visited family in el Sauzal , very close to Ensenada. As we have the previous 5-6 years we booked a reservation at this hotel well in advance.
When I reserved over the phone I indicated I wanted the room rate that includes the fast pass. This is the main reason why we stay at this hotel as the fast pass is priceless.
When I arrived for check in , the young lady who attended me was very rude and had this lazy devil may care attitude. Once she checked me in and charged my credit card I asked her just to be sure that this included the fast pass. She said no. That the fast pass is a little more but it's not for sale. I told her I had reserved the room with the fast pass. She refused to honor it until I paid her an additional fee for the fast pass package.
She then rudely gave me my card key to the room, # 302. Went up to inspect it. Upon getting to the front door I was about to slide my card through the slot when I realized there was no slot at the door to slide the key card through. Me n my daughter starting laughing !!
Went down and told the attendant that there was no slot where to slide the key card through. After repeating it so she could understand what I was referring to she gave me a regular key. Went back up to try it and it took quite the effort to open the door. Then the door wouldn't close from the inside.
Went back to the reception area and told the attendant this. I turn told her I wanted a different room. She grudgingly gave me room room # 305 as I requests that room.
Once u got the key I had to ask her for my free bottle of wine that comes with the " 99.00 almost free " package. She gave me this look like she was fed up. I stared her down and she finally went to the back to fetch my bottle of wine. This is the 7th time I have had to ask for the wine as it seems like they hope you forget about it.
All in all this trip really soured my perception of this hotel / motel. Unfortunately Ensenada has slim pickings when it comes to decent lodging but I will look elsewhere next time as I found out that other places also offer the fast pass.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Rickzac
globetrotter60, General Manager at Posada El Rey Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Hello,

My apologies for the inconvenieces you experienced, but most of all for the awful attitude you received from the attendant. I appreciate you reporting this because it gives me the opportunity to improve service and have satisfied customers.
In no way do we want you to forget about the wine, or take advantage of your desire for the fast pass! We have been in the business for a long time and we pride ourselves in improving our property as you sure realized in this new visit, and we are actually purchasing the newest locks in the market, and we like our clients to enjoy themselves, not the opposite.

I understand you have several choices, but hopefully you will give us another opportunity. Please feel free to contact me directly at info@elreysol.com to chat a bit more about your experience and hopefully I can entice you to give us another chance.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

I reached out to the hotel manager since my elderly father is handicap and would need some accommodations. Jeannelle was very quick to respond back and ask how she along with her staff could help make our stay better. They gave us great rooms with easy access for my father. The location is great the rooms were spacious. They appear to be remodeling some of the other rooms so that will be even better. Thank you again!

Vince F.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
globetrotter60, General Manager at Posada El Rey Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Hello Vince,

Thank you for your kind review! It was our pleasure to make your stay as smooth as possible and your satisfaction is OUR satisfaction. Hope we see you soon and that you are enjoying the holiday season.

Happy New Year,

Reviewed 15 December 2016

The main strip of Ensenada is where the action is. It's a very walkable area with restaurants and bars. This hotel is centrally located right off of the boulevard and offers clean rooms while on budget.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justravelin86

Hello,

Happy Holidays to you! Thank you for your review and recent stay. We hope to see you soon back at our hotel.

Happy New Year,