All reviews swimming pool nice pool reggae bar third floor hot water a great stay the main road wifi storey krabi
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We were there for 6 nights. Staffs were friendly and the room was cleaned ,but to use WiFi was kinda annoying cuz we always need to sign up for username and password every time we turn on our phone and WiFi were cut off itself so often.

Swimming pool was little small but it was good for chilling out.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Phranang Place hotel is about 200m from the beach, short walk. The walk is made interesting by ALL the shops and eateries to and from the beach.

Has a swimming pool. Has two buildings actually. The newer wing is the one that has a lift so you don't have to fight with your luggage climbing 4 storeys. But this newer wing has most rooms facing the road and a small pub. The noise can go on till wee hours.

The older wing is quieter but rooms looked a tad tired. But still comfortable enough and serve the purpose. And understandably, cheaper too. It faces the back end of the property which is actually a small mountain, and is fine by me.

Staff is okay, can speak quite good English. Price is definitely affordable.
Shops, restaurants, tour operators, clinics, 7-11s, drinks, etc etc are all just at your footstep. Convenience is undeniable.

Aircon, bedding, hot water, are all within reasonable standards. Can try....

Room tip: select the older wing if u want cheaper and quieter. newer rooms look better, has lift
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel was a reasonable good find we thought, are room was big and clean with a good hot shower! The pool was a good size but lacks sun loungers so at a busier time of year you may not have anywhere to sit around the pool. Good location easy to walk to surrounding restaurants and easy walking distance to the beach. Down sides the wifi is shocking! Hardly worked at all while we were there had to go to bars and buy a drink to book onward travel and it was very loud in are room on the third floor opposite the reggae bar, the live music did stop at 12 so as long as your not a early sleeper this might be ok. I would probably look for different accommodation on my next visit to ao nang if I choose to return.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

After travelling a few hours from Phuket, me and my family arrived at the hotel nearly 1900hrs hoping the check in procedure is fast and easy but it was not. The receptionist is just holding the passport and smiling without doing anything even after all the paperwork is ready. I need to urge her to do it fast. Then we was given the room keys.

Room & Bathroom cleanliness
I just can give it average. Room and bed area is OK. The bathroom area is very dirty with mold at the wall and floor. I was wearing slippers all the time in the bathroom and the soap that was given is in bad condition. I rather go and buy new soap at the mart.

The swimming pool
It was nice area to be at but it's not as big as in the pictures. Its even look full when just me and my family was there.

Breakfast
Even the selection is limited, you will get what you pay for. So don't aspect anything more. Just selection of bread, sausage,fried rice and cereal.

Be prepare with international adapter and iron if you are planning to stay here or else the receptionist will advise you to buy at the mart.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Our shuttle driver ripped us off and dropped us off on the wrong side of town after midnight. We walked into this hotel looking for directions, realized we were far away, didn't want to deal with the sudden rain, or wandering streets at night fully loaded down - so we bunked down here. The hotel was very nice, the staff was helpful, and we were thankful for the 24 hour reception. The rooms are clean and the shower is good. The complimentary water was also clutch. If you're in Krabi, this is a great little spot.

Date of stay: December 2016