“Modestly priced, but very good”
Review of Sor Sor Pochana

Sor Sor Pochana
Ranked #147 of 293 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

On a phone, so brief... Food traditional Thai, super quality, beautifully cooked. Staff friendly and efficient. Location good about 750m out of the beach area on the Ao Nang road, 200m before reaching the big mosque going out of town, though like everywhere in Ao Nang noisy with traffic. Loved the chicken satay starter, sauce superlative, served with big chunk of pineapple. Delicious. Beef with black pepper sauce very tasty. The boss's shrimp starter & chicken & cashew nuts pronounced as "excellent". Bill for 2 starters, 2 mains & 2 large Singha beers, 800 baht. For restaurant pricing, that's good.

We'll go back before we leave.

Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

3 of us ate in here. 1 duck coconut curry soup, 1 pan ang chicken curry and 1 spicy duck salad.

All dishes were tasty especially the pan ang. Smoothies were nice enough too.

Service is very good. Nice friendly staff and prices are very reasonable. All meals plus 2 smoothies and 2 waters - 500 baht (20 aus dollars)

Great value for money.

I would say that some of the dishes, not all of them are on the small side, so hungry diners might want to order a few or larger portions.

Definitely give it a try.

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

In our first visit to Sor Sor Pochana we ordered fish of the day, fried crocodile, mussaman curry and Pad Thai
All food were excellent except Pad Thai which wasn't as tasty as got earlier from other restaurant

1  Thank Ari H
Reviewed 17 November 2015

Had one of the best meal I had in Thailand! Amazingly every dish is great, and the price was so cheap I couldn't believed it. I had Ong Choi, Peppered fried tiger Prawns (yummy), and a bottle of coke for a grand total of 200 baht! Everything is better than I expected. Highly recommend this place if you live in a hotel nearby.

1  Thank Stealthzeus
Reviewed 10 November 2014 via mobile

My wife and I loves Thai cuisine. During our stay in Aonang, we went in search for an authentic Thai cuisine experience.

As we walked by Sor Sor Pochana restaurant and we were drawn to the dishes on the table, guests' smiles and lively chat as they enjoyed their food. Though we are typically dependant on TripAdvisor and we couldnt find a write up on the restaurant, we decided to find ourselves a seat at the restaurant.

The menu is presented in English and offered a wide selection of seafood and popular Thai cuisine. We were promptly served by the staff who spoke good English and we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner for that evening (My personal favourite was the Baked glass noodle with prawns. Do order it if you have the chance to visit the restaurant). Satisfied, we return on the second night and were equally impressed! We spend (including beer) est. 40 USD on first night and 21 usd on second night.

I hope you find the review helpful and wish you and enjoyable stay in Krabi.

(note. The restaurant sign board is only in Thai. But no worries. Its easy to find. Its located right next to Aonang Eco Inn)

3  Thank Marcus S