1,157 results
All reviews pool bar beach bag emerald pool pool access room bars and restaurants pool side street vendors the main road low season tour desk deluxe room large pool great pool stayed here for nights rainy season language barrier few minutes walk
Reviewed 16 January 2018

This hotel was fantastic and the location made it so easy to get around Ao Nang. We were on our honeymoon, so we splurged and got one of the pool access rooms, which was beautiful and also came equipped with a jacuzzi. The room was clean and spacious, with everything we needed throughout our stay. The pool itself is large with plenty of chairs/beds and has a swim-up bar that offered a great variety.

In terms of location, it was a quick walk to the beach as well as a huge number of bars and restaurants. Other reviews noted that the street was not well lit, but we did not find this to be the case, it was incredibly easy to get around. Tuk tuks are also available close by for any destinations that are a little further. It was also a short walk uphill to get amazing views of the city, which was a highlight around sunset. We couldn't have been happier with our stay here and would absolutely stay again on a future trip!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank snewman5553
Marketing_SmallGrp, Manager at Krabi La Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear snewman5553
We are so happy that you enjoyed the recent honeymoon period with us at Krabi La Playa Resort.Your kind comments will be share to all concerned.
Thank you for your feedback,we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the beach.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

The La Playa hotel is a great place to stay in Ao Nang. It's conveniently located in a quiet neighbourood about a 5 minute walk to Ao Nang beach, various restaurants and shops, and the pier where you can take long boats to other destinations (Railay is a 10 minute ride away).

The main pool is great with three separate tiers and there is a smaller funky triangular pool with green tiles in the newer section of the hotel.

Breakfast is very good and offers a variety for all tastes, the grounds and rooms are immaculate but the most important aspect of La Playa is the staff. The front desk manager, Miss Katie, is a gem. We had an issue with our reservation and she was able to resolve it in a curteous and professional manner. A true class act. Every hotel should have a manager like her. Front desk staff are also very helpful, courteous and professional.

This is one hotel I would recommend to all (families, couples, single travellers).

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fouadm319
Marketing_SmallGrp, Manager at Krabi La Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear fouad m
Thank you for your review of Krabi La Playa Resort. We were delighted to read your positive comments. I will pass on your kind reviews to Ms. Katie and the team who i am sure will be pleased.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Great hotel with very friendly staff. The rooms are big and clean, the swimming pool never had a lack of beds and the staff are amazing! They really try and make sure sure you are happy. The breakfast also has a good selection.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Marketing_SmallGrp, Manager at Krabi La Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear nrshah7
Thank you very much for visiting us and for sharing your positive experience here on TripAdvisor. Your comments are highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Nobody could speak in the front.
there were 2 big cockroaches in the washroom for welcoming me. disgusting.

The massage shop in the hotel was also very rude. They canceled my booking without any notice.

The room was full of humid and dust. That was the horrible experience in Krabi. I won’t visit there again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Rachel0101-1
Marketing_SmallGrp, Manager at Krabi La Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Rachel0101-1
Thank you for visiting as and your review. I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time with us. Since I could not find any record regarding about your feedback, I would be very thankful if you could contact me directly so we can discuss your experience in more detail. Thank you very much!

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Overall this hotel was fine for what it is - a 3.5 star hotel in a resort town. My friends who I traveled with liked this hotel, but for me there was a list of “minor inconveniences” that piled up into why I rated this hotel how I did.

#1 - We are 3 friends travelling together, and since apparently two double beds in a room is not possible, we ended up with a king and an extra cot in our room. The cot was very hard (akin to just sleeping right on the tile floor) so we ended up using the little futon couch as our third bed instead. It was also very hard, but slightly more tolerable. The king bed itself was also very hard, and as someone with a touchy back I was pretty uncomfortable the whole time.

#2 - We asked for a couple of extra pillows to be brought to our room on three seperate occasions. They never materialized.

#3 - The air conditioning automatically turns off at night (assuming this is some kind of energy saving measure) and we all woke up sweating at around 6am each day, unable to turn the air con back on until it kicked back in at 7:30am.

#4 - The wifi at this hotel is slightly sketchy. It works great until it stops working completely for 15 minutes. You also have to log into the system frequently, which annoyed me that it wouldn’t just stay connected for a length of time.

#5 - One of my friends ordered room service, and the tray was left outside the door for 2 full days, even as housekeeping came and went. The tray was obviously quickly covered in bugs and it was a little gross.

#6 - Our room had a big frosted glass window between the bathroom and the bedroom, so if you get up at night to use the toilet you light up the whole room and wake everyone up.

#7 - Thin walls meant that you could hear the neighbours sneezing, talking loudly on their phones, and any music being played outside or next door.

All of that being said, these are all minor inconveniences. The pros are:

#1 - The hotel has a really nice pool and swim up bar.

#2 - The staff at the activities desk were very helpful in booking tours and transport for us, and often got us less than the listed prices for activities.

#3 - The location is near shops, restaurants, laundry, and the beach.

Final thoughts: I probably wouldn’t stay here again, if I go back to Ao Nang I would try another place to see if the minor inconveniences are any better or worse.

Room Tip: If you like to swim, make sure you book a pool-side room as the balconies go right into the water.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank amflhu88
Marketing_SmallGrp, Manager at Krabi La Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Amflhu88
Thank you very much for your visit and feedback. I regret that we have not been able to meet all your expectations and I can ensure you that we will share your feedback with the rest of team. It is great to read that you enjoyed our pools and bar comfortable with our hotel location and tour desk staffs.