Pakasai was very very disappointing, especially for the money. The design of our Superior Room looked old and cheap. There was a continuous sewage smell coming from the bathroom (same in the room of our friends). Rooms near the front desk are noisy (because of the road), rooms in the middle face the concrete structure of the elevated pool, rooms higher up are nicer but require some climbing efforts. The front desk staff was barely able to speak English and they weren't helpful at all. Contrary to what their website says, the pool does NOT offer views on the sea (OK maybe if you stand up straight you'll see a tiny blue strip), it is surrounded by white plastic chairs that all face a large ugly building situated directly next to the resort. The breakfast is decent but nothing special. I haven't tried the Spa since it was charging at least 5 times the rate of the massage places in town.
Particular comment related to New Year's Eve: we found out that since we had booked our stay over New Year's Eve, we were being charged 130 USD (4000 Baht) per person for a mandatory New Year's Eve Gala around the pool. Anyone who has been to Thailand knows that you will have a hard time to find ANY restaurant that charges such an amount unless you go to 5 star resorts. But this was even excluding a single drink (not even a glass of water), just a buffet with some dance shows. Utterly outrageous. There was no way escaping this scam, despite hours of negotiation with the Resident Manager, who didn't show the slightest sign of understanding.
Seriously, I wouldn't recommend anyone to go here. Especially not around New Year's Eve.
Not everything was bad, so to close with a positive note:
- Free (almost free, 100 Baht for your entire stay) WiFi everywhere
- Breakfast area has nice view on pretty garden
- Central location if you fancy the main tourist area, 5-10 minute walk to the Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pakasai Resort promises a romantic, relaxing vacation in the sun within a beautiful tropical garden setting. Just a few steps away from Ao Nang, Krabi's most popular beach, Pakasai offers 4-star service with a smile, chalet and suite accommodation, and an environmentally-conscious determination to make its guests feel very much at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au and Odigeo so you can book your Pakasai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pakasai Hotel Ao Nang
- Pakasai Hotel Krabi
- Pakasai Resort Krabi/Ao Nang