“Decent place for good money in Ao Nang”
Review of Ascot Krabi

Ascot Krabi
Ranked #41 of 136 Ao Nang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 December 2016

We stayed in this hotel three nights as the price for the size of the room and the bathroom was great. This place looks better on pictures than in reality, however, the rooms are fine. Be careful when booking, the rooms facing the busy main road can get very noisy at times, we purposely booked a room facing the mountain. I recommend the room around the corner from the stairway either on third or fourth floor. We stayed the first night in a room having the door right where the stairs are and it was quite noisy hearing people walking up the stairs and talking. The place is also a bit far away from the beach, so be mindful when booking. Otherwise the place was fine, run by very helpful young people. Especially one girl was very nice, always making jokes and laughing a lot :-). I can recommend this hotel as it offers good value for money.

Room Tip: I recommend the room around the corner from the stairway either on third or fourth floor facing the...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

The room was spacious with a mountain view just as shown. Facilities were working well except the air con needs some maintenance work. I enjoyed my 3-night stay and would recommend it mostly for its peaceful ambience. It is 10 minutes away from Ao nang beach and close to many restaurants & bars.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2016

I promised the boss and the first lady to add a review about this hotel. This was approximately a year ago. I felt too busy to do what I wanted for a year, but I have never forgotten about Ascot and the promise I made.
Nat and Tom (I guess? I don't know how to type their names) are a few of the most generous people I know. I had been very sick for a week during my 3-week trip with my ex-boyfriend. Tom and Nat have done everything to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Even though I was (and still am) a student, so I wanted to travel in a cheap backpacker-style.

Tom makes the best eggs in the world. If you want some extra bacon, you can just ask. If you want some more tomatoes, you can just ask. If you want to take a souvenir (for example the best local to buy the most beautiful painting), Nat will take you on one of the rental scooters. If you want to swim in the rain, it's possible. If you want to watch series, it's possible. If you want to do nothing, it's possible. It truly felt like home. Even though I was so sick (perhaps because of the Thai food)

They are fun to talk to. They listen, they communicate in a good way. Ten out of ten.
Because it was raining all day (almost) everyday we even talked about a new fantasy concept in Ascot: Thaipas.

If the Thaipas is for sale, I will consider redoing my trip all by myself, but i'm too afraid (and) i'm not very fond of Thai food. But that has nothing to do with Tom and Nat's cooking!!!

Thank you so much for everything!
Laura van Heusden

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Very good service from the front desk for 24 hours, one of them can speak english well, another one can speak malay, so no communication problem for malaysian.
We booked 4islands and also AoThalane trip from them, quite cheap from them :)
Room is big and we have street view room, free coffee and tea for 24 hours.
They also provide daily room cleaning service.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Menessa L
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I just wanted to stay in a small hotel which is closer to the beach and easy access. This is exactly the same I have imagined. In fact, I got more than I've imagined. The view at the south side of the building is mesmerising. Luckily I got a room from the mountain view side , which is better than street side as the street side might be little louder at late night as well. Room cleans, provide amenities everyday. Extremely funny and friendly staffs. Always willing to help. You can book local trips & Excursions right in the hotel reception. Can go out and come in anytime you you want. Rent a motor bike from hotel. Ride everywhere in Krabi and Ao Nang. This the best trip so far and this hotel staffs has been a big part of it. I would like thank Sharifat & Sainan from reception and whole team of this hotel. I am definitely coming back here.

Keep up the good work and Keep smiling!

Room Tip: Try to get a room from mountain view side, much much better view and calm.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo