I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel six nights in then end of September 2012.
We had booked transfer from the airport. This worked fine, we were met by a civilian dressed driver and taken to his car, an old Volvo from the 80's. It was ok but not what you expect from a 4 star hotel!
Upon check-in we were told to wait since the room had to be cleaned because of late check-out previous guests. This turned out to be not true! I could see with my own eyes that the reason was that the son of the owner was showing some rooms, including our, to some people. So we had to wait in the lobby because of a big lie! Rule number one, never lie to a guest if the guest can proove it!
The hotel has a free shuttle bus to the "town" every hour and with return 20 minutes past the hour at certain hours. We took the bus and also talked with the driver about the pick-up time two hours later. We were standing at the meeting point waiting and waiting in the pouring rain. No driver showed up! So we took a tuk-tuk back to the hotel. When we told them they said they were so sorry but the driver had forgot! The regular driver had an day off. The bus was parked just outside the open reception, so why didn't anyone then remind him? The would of course deduct the 60 baht from our bill as compensation... One member of the owner family was standing there, saying nothing. Did they deduct 60 baht from the bill? No. So yet another lie.
The son of the owner is working at the hotel. At least he is present there. For two days he was playing with a new door bell, sounding like the 7-11. This made echo all over the hotel area, including the pool and our cottage. "Ding-dong! You are welcome!". Quite annoying to hear this for two days! When we told him he said he was sorry and asked if it was disturbing!
The last day, Sept 30, a girl from the reception put up a paper on the message board. Not saying anything. When I went a looked the message was that the pool was to be closed fron 1pm onwards for cleaning. The message came up at 10.40am. This was the second not rainy day for a whole week. Guests got angry so they changed the cleaning until the day after!
The hotel is not a 4-star hotel! For example they didn't make a turn-down in the evenings. The didn't come and spray for mosquitoes (which we had a lot of). They didn't supply with mosquito protection outside. They smoked the area once for mosquitoes. Typically this hotel, they announced with a paper on the bed that they should do this action at 1pm. Did they start at 1? No, they started at 4pm. This annoyed people since everyone was planning after the message.
The hotel could be very good. It is nice situated. It has all the possibilities to be very good, even outstanding. Unfortunately it seemed too much to be the playground for the owner family. Not seeming to know how to run a hotel and how to make it good for the guests!
They had newspapers in the lobby. But noone of the staff seemed to care about maintaining them. Not changing to new ones day by day.
The clocks in the lobby showing the time in different cities around the world were not accurate. They hadn't bothered to adjust for daylight saving time. And, typically this hotel, noone bothered when told about it.
The resque for this hotel is the staff at the restaurant. The supervisor is doing a very good job! The cooks are very good and cooking very good food. The menu is various with many good items and they are all cooked to almost perfection. And, the prices are not too high! The breakfast buffet was ok, but what can you expect when not so many guests? Some days there was no buffet but you could order from the menu.
This hotel is not better than an average 3 star hotel. I'm sorry to say that. There are so many things to shape up. You can't afford to make all this blunders if you you claim to play in the upper scale!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 5 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang