We spent 10 wonderful nights at Krabi Resort. There are so many great things that I would love to give it 5 stars but they have to make some improvements.
The great things:
- Location right on the beach, away from the crowds.
- Extensive grounds that are well maintained.
- Two pools, one super large.
- Very large breakfast buffet with American and Asian choices. Terrific, high quality espresso machines.
- Friendly staff
- We were given a room upgrade.
- Quiet resort - no rock bands or big bar scene.
Need to improve areas:
- Property is very dated. While I enjoy an authentic Thai resort, Krabi Resort is getting tired. It feels more like a hotel from the 1980s than 2018.
- Room while comfortable needs improving:
The night tables have zero storage space (photo attached)
The safe requires a key, not a combination. (Photo attached). If you lose the key, there is a few of more than $75 USD
The room keycards have the room numbers on them. So if you lose it, anyone can get into the room. Also they charge $5 USD if you lose the keycard
Would I stay at Krabi Resort again? Yes I would. Rates are reasonable and there are lots of good things about it. Hopefully the management will invest the money to really make it perfect. More
- Free Parking