“Great value during low season”

Aonang Orchid Resort
Ranked #57 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great value during low season”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Aonang Orchid Resort is situated 100 meters away from the Aonang beach and just a stone throw away from the main street. This resort is cozy, comfortable and the pool is amazing. During low season this place is a bargain just like any other hotels in Krabi. Their walk-in rate is much cheaper than internet rate. The room is big and comfortable for 2 person, balcony is awesome for hang out , we spent most of the time by the pool.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Elainejenz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed at AoNang Orchird Resort at the end of the off-peak season and paid only USD150 for 3 pax for 2 nights. Room was spacious. Breakfast wasn't included in our booking, but you can easily get a good breakfast across the street at Coffee Arthit. The hotel is a short walk to the beach and from there you can easily purchase a ticket to get to Railay Beach. There are also tons of street stalls lined along the main road, but since the hotel is slightly set back, it wasn't noisy at night. No elevators in this hotel though, but the hotel staff helped carry our luggage ;)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank painaulait
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed in this hotel during Feb 23- 26,2012.My original booking is for Grand Superior room.But after check in to room #2308.I requested to move.Because of the room is facing street road.It was super noisy.Also,the air condition unit outside the balcony was super loud.

The stay that helped me to check in said "we can upgrade you to a pool villa but you will have to pay more.I said nothing.So,he tried again.He said or tomorrow we can move you to a deluxe room but you have to pay more for 1000 baht a night.

I booked this place thru agency.So, 5 a.m. in the morning after checked room rate on agency website.I saw room type "pool view" is still available diff for 400 baht.I called agency to talk to hotel staff for ask agency rate.

After all I only pay 800 baht in total for another 2 nights upgrade to pool view room.I found out the pool view room was empty in the first night I checked in.But staff were so lazy to move me to those room.( I heard they check that room it's clean or not..once of them said those room is vacant since the night before).

After move everything settle..finally happy.This place is about 7 mins walk to the beach (count from my short legs). In front of the hotel have a 24 hr mart (7-11) and atm pool.Also its surround by small shop that selling cloths and accessories.

Tips1 : If you dont like noise avoid Superior and Grand superior type.Those types of room are facing the main road.The pool view one I quite like it.I paid 146 USD a night for this room type.This are including booking fee from agency, breakfast ,hotel tax and service charge.

Tip2: The buffet breakfast is BAD.If you have a a choice to pick cheaper rate that not include breakfast >> go for those

Room Tip: Avoid all superior type ( face the main road) Try pool view or pool access
4 Thank 0_Gyrfalcon_0
Crowborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Had 6 nights here February 2012 in room 107 on the ground floor overlooking the pool. Large comfortable quiet room. The first night the air conditioning was not working and despite a visit to the night porter, nothing could be done and we sweltered at 26 degrees. The position of the hotel is good, near beach, shops etc. The guests appeared to be mostly from Scandinavia and many spent all day round the pool it would appear. Criticisms - one afternoon there were no towels for swimming and the TV lacks any British channels.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool more attractive
england
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed 1/2/12- 9/2/12

Good points

Pool - beautifull well presented and laid out- although my husband said it needed re grouting and there were some tiles broken

no noise at night

Big rooms and big balconies

position - central to shops beach restaurants etc

not so good points

We had a pool view de luxe room which was sunny for most of the day - we were on the 1st floor but would recommend 2nd/3rd floor as where we enterted our room the breakfast room was aprox 10 steps away & therfore I heard the staff preparing for breakfast i.e moving chairs etc around 6.30am most days -breakfast 7.00-10am. I could also hear the staff in reception at night when they must have turned up the T.V to while away the time. we had rooms 104 &105- 104 also has an occasional sewage smell

When we arrived my sisters rooms air con was not working after several attempts to explain (very limited english) they kept telling us we need to allow 20 mins for it to work- we new this was not correct as my rooms air con worked immedielty - 3 members of staff told us this without evening looking at the air con - eventually another member of staff looked at the air con & admitted it was broken & said it would take 24hrs to fix - they did provide my sister with a fan for that night- but it was really hard work trying to get someone to actually admit/look at it - my 1st impressions were therfore not good. The young girl even rolled her eyes when we were trying to explain it wasnt working and the 2 young bell boys just looked at us & laughed !!!

The rooms were big but scruffy/ dated - i.e a tin of emulsion paint would have sorted this out bathroom bright yellow & turquoise - The room was cleaned daily with fresh towels if requested( leave them in the bath tub & they replace them)

Breakfast was fine with plenty of choice

All in all great position ,nice pool area - think you pay for this in the price not 4 star more 3-3.5 after our inital problem s we had a good time and the staffs english seemed to improve as long as you werent complaining.

iI would recommend the hotel for the position & pool area but would want to get a good deal on the price as all in all I think you could do better elsewhere.

Room Tip: Pool view de luxes 2nd or 3rd floor
4 Thank mi2ch