All reviews chef henry gregory family local knowledge skill level popoyo area awesome trip perfect waves intimate knowledge pool deck outer reef three meals a day special week poor country local chef great company costa rica i've heard
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Two Brothers Surf gave me the trip of a lifetime. I've traveled 90% of the Caribbean and most of Central America and this place was by far the best. Nicaragua is beautiful and the locals are extremely friendly, but the family that owns Two Brothers made the trip amazing. Marsh and his little brother Auggie drove us around all Popoyo looking for the best waves, which included boat rides to an empty lineup at a reef break. The waves were absolutely incredible and were comparable to what I've seen in Hawaii. The brothers took us fishing and were down to do whatever we wanted. We ate like kings and enjoyed fresh seafood that had been caught that day by Auggie. I will definitely be back. Thanks Ralph, Marsh, and Auggie!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We had an absolutely epic stay at Two Brothers Surf Resort.

The waves were pumping. The hospitality was world class. From the moment we were picked up at the airport, to the day we flew out, the team at Two Brothers took such great care of us. From the meals, to our surf guide, to the support staff, to the location of the resort (which is hands down the best location in Popoyo), everything was carefully crafted and well thought out. In short, Two Brothers exceeded all expectations.

Auggie (one of the two brothers) was our surf guide, and he was constantly looking for the best surf for our group of 4. He helped us score absolutely epic waves. We surfed a bunch of different spots including a super long carve-able left that we accessed by boat, a secret right, several reeling beach breaks, and the waves of Popoyo Beach. He and the staff at Two Brothers constantly went out of there way to make sure we were well taken care of.

I cannot speak highly enough about our time at Two Brothers. It exceeded all expectations. I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We caught an epic swell the first few days of the trip. That region is covered in good breaks. The lodge is located on top of a mountain overlooking Popoyo and surrounding beaches and has solid air conditioned casita accommodations for either groups, or singles. The food was fantastic and consistent every day. Both brothers (our group had Marsh) guide you around either by boat, land cruiser, or both. It's a personalized place with a small number of people in a family atmosphere. If you're not into surfing, there are other options like fishing, yoga and other eco tourism jaunts. However, from a surf trip perspective, Two Brothers does it right.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I cannot speak highly enough of my stay at Two Brothers with the Gregory family. I had no clue what to expect coming to Nicaragua after traveling around to the usual suspects when it comes to surf vacations, but this exceeded expectations.

The pickup from the airport in Managua was seamless, and an led us right to the beautiful property. After being prompted to surf within 40 minutes of arriving at the bungalow, I knew I was in for an adventure.

Not only were we led to the perfect spots for the tide/swell direction/wind/size; we scored the entire trip as the Gregory brothers are extremely knowledgeable with the entire coast. I was pushed to surf when I thought I couldn't surf anymore and I do not regret it for a minute!!!

The family style sit down for every meal made the experience super homey, and Henry (the chef) cooks GOOD. It was the real deal and cleaned my plate each time.

Can't speak highly enough about their hospitality and I felt welcome and safe the entire time (for a trip to a country I've never been to it was sublime), so for sure it will be happening again next year!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I came to Two Brothers with my friends from college and we had one of the best trips of our lives. Marsh and Auggie put us on the best waves for any given tide, size and swell direction. These guys were so in tune with the land and the people around Popoyo that being with them made us feel like locals.

Between reeling left hand points and booming beach breaks, this area of Nicaragua has something for every surfer. If your looking for a place to chill with the boys and surf your brains out, this is the spot.

Room Tip: Bring a Flashlight
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends