1,005 results
All reviews lovely village business trip bit dated the main hotel wedding reception wedding party bar area would stay again food was lovely one night stay evening meal cooked breakfast annex sylvia motorway manchester canal
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I stayed for one night and was relieved it wasn't any longer. Room was shabby, with curtain pelmet falling off, and filthy marks on wall paper. Bathroom was superficially clean (shower only, no bath) but with black mildew round sealing and tiles.

Bed was uncomfortable with noisy springs and shabby bedding - the blanket under the coverlet was revolting and smelled musty. Bed was right next to the corridor, doors slammed loudly and you could hear people walking up and down all night.

Food in the restaurant was very average - the creme brulee was absolutely solid, and the fish was mushy. Wouldn't come back again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank SarahLB_UK
Pasteiner, General Manager at The Lymm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for filling in your views concerning your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with certain aspects of you stay. We have recently changed all our beds and matresses, and have a programme of ongoing rooms maintenance which is directly aimed to address many of the points that you highlighted. On your next visit to the area please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can get things right for you.

Philip Pasteiner - General Manager

Reviewed 26 September 2010

The Lymm hotel response to the review below (on 16 Aug 2010 ) about the sewage smell says "It was unfortunate that there was a serious drainage issue on the public road outside our hotel, this was a one-off situation and beyond the hotels control". This is simply not true. As someone who lives near the hotel, I can guarantee that this is a regular problem and has been so for many months/years, usually coinciding with a wedding or other major event at the hotel, ie it's worse on a Sunday morning. I have been prompted to write today as raw sewage and other nasty stuff is running down the road. I don't know or care whether its the fault of the hotel or United Utilities, but something is wrong and must be sorted. The bright orange Dynarod vans are a regular feature outside the hotel and it is wrong to mislead people that this is a "one-off."

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank LymmLocal
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Following registration the approach to the allocated room ( 146) was over badly broken and loose steps and paving. The room smelled; the polystyrene ceiling tiles were badly water stained and the rest of the decor was from about 30 years ago. To ease the smell we went to open the ( mouldy) window which in fact was and could not be securely closed, because of broken fittings. This was a ground floor room that could not be . The bathroom was also mouldy. Generally the room and corridor were decrepit and, apart from showing evidence of age, were neglected.
We did not stay but checked out and looked for somewhere else.
On leaving we found the car park being used as a soccer pitch by youths/ children but the ' hotel is not responsible' etc.
In short this place is dangerous; unhealthy; insecure; and unpleasant.
It is a Macdonald hotel and the local management and staff have my sympathy at having to work in such appalling conditions. They tried to help but the place is truly awful.
I have photo's but they are not good, how could they be.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MosaicHouse

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your views. I was disappointed to read of your comments though well aware of them further to our conversation and your explanation of your experience of the Lowry Hotel in Manchester and other 5 star hotels. I was glad that we were able to help in relocating you to our sister hotel within the group for the evening. You can rest assured that where possible the points that you highlighted have been attended to. In addition we have no intention of closing down and our team here are very focused on looking after our guests and keeping our profitable business afloat during difficult economic times.

Philip Pasteiner - General Manager

Reviewed 29 August 2010

We stayed at the Lymm Hotel on the 28th August, and I have to say I really can't find anything to complain about, it's a great location and some would say the rooms need updating, but it's clean and offers great value. Laura on reception was a star and very helpful. Breakfast is great value with loads of choice. I really would stay here again. Well done to the Lymm Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We stay regularly in the area as our head office is down the road, we normally stay at a hotel down the road from the Lymm. The receptionist on duty on evening shift was welcoming and when a mistake was made on a booking for a colleague resolved straight away. The receptionist in the morning was aloof and cold especially when telling me I had to pay a charge for credit card. Didnt ask how the stay was or anything you felt you were inconveniening her. Didnt dare tell her the remove control didnt work!
The bedroom slightly old fashioned but very comfy,The bathroom was awful. Paint didnt match, could see where damp was needs completely renovating. I had looked forward to a soak and relax but it was poor presenation and towels were cheap and scratchy.
Then you go to breakfast which was WONDERFUL. The presentation outstanding, the stafff well organised and very polite. The food was one of the best breakfasts Ive had in hotels for a long time.
Overall very mixed and they need to up their game to have us become regulars there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business