All reviews lovely village business trip bit dated the main hotel wedding reception wedding party bar area wedding breakfast would stay again food was lovely one night stay evening meal cooked breakfast annex sylvia motorway manchester
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Firstly, I would like to say that this review in no way relates to the staff of the hotel, who were to a person friendly, helpful, efficient and attentive. They probably earned the two stars I gave.

The room in this old style property was tired, both in decor and maintenance, with barely enough room to swing a cat and an unfortunately placed step between the entrance passageway and the main bedroom, which rather than sticking A4 signs up to warn of its presence, may be better if they did something to remove the problem.

The straw tha broke the camels back this time was the breakfast. Ys it is a big selection of fresh fruit, cereals, toast, cold meats, cheese and hot options (which attach a premium) but £15 is a ridiculously high rate for this, and when I was charged this for a coffee, a bowl of cereal and a small bowl of fruit salad, my chin almost hit the floor.

I think this place has pretentions of grandeur, and if that is the case, there's a lot of hard work needs doing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TheEggChaser
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I've stay here several times on business, three times in the main building and once in the modern wing. All the rooms I've had have been rather more 'apricot / beige' than I would choose myself, and the bathrooms are rather late 70s, but despite being ready for a revamp, everything has been very comfortable, and exceptionally clean, and with all the extras you would expect from a high quality establishment (tea, coffee, fresh milk, room service, ironing facilities etc). Add to that food and service that excels, really above and beyond, and a lovely location (perfect for a run / walk along the canal) and I'd be amazed if you could find something that matched up for the same price. If given a choice I'd rather be in the main building, eccentric and with character than the rather soulless wing lacks, but still a lovely place, a real find, I'll definitely be back!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Had my 40+10 birthday party here last night - can't commend the staff and service highly enough! Very attentive and helpful both in organising the party and on the night. In particular Sylvia the events co-ordinator - excellent, pleasant, efficient & accomodating from start to finish. Well done to a good staff team, including Michael the Duty Manager who supported us on the night. Food was very good, bar prices reasonable for a hotel, environment very cosy and personable - just what we wanted. Bedrooms - nice enough although some areas are a little 'tired' but this does not detract from the overall very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building appear a little better?
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We held our wedding here on April 27th 2012, I cant thank the staff enough they made our wedding so special, the wedding breakfast meal was delicious the food was hot and the wine kept flowing, the evening buffet food was fantastic as well, all my guests complimented the food and hotel, the hotel did everything i had asked for and more and made sure my day and evening rooms looked amazing, special thanks to Silvia and Michael but all the staff were so polite and helpful, the DJ who was part of our wedding package was great and had my guests dancing away all night. everything was just perfect thank you all so much, I would definitely recommend having your wedding here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2012

just had two nights at the Lymm Hotel on a business trip, I found the hotel to be very posh on arrival, but the staff (a mixture of locals and young girls from both Manchester and Liverpool) where great fun, I think they soon worked out that I'm not a high flying business man, just a guy with an engineering background who had been dumped in the hotel. The rooms are good, clean and well suited to the business traveller and the food can be upper crust or good value bar food with regular specials.

Room Tip: quiet rooms are in the seperate building, phone them to arrange.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business