See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This place was a blessing to weary hikers! A spacious room with a bath and a view (and beautiful wallpaper) . .. comfy bed, excellent dinner for a good price, attentive staff, great location right downtown. It exceeded expectations - definitely a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I arrived quite annoyed at Hotel de la Poste. I knew already that check in time wasn't till 5.30pm which seems like unfairly late, but when I got there after a lovely walk around beautiful Mortain, the sign on the door said 6pm. Another sign also said the the restaurant was fully booked that evening. As I'd previously had lunch at the only other restaurant in the town that was going to be open, I was annoyed!
About 5.45 though I noticed a light was on and the young guy on reception was charming and helpful and explained that they kept tables available for hotel guests. My room was large with the luxury of a bath.
The evening meal was generally good although the poultry in my 'volaille ' dish was quite tough. It was the guy on reception who was the only waiter. I asked him if he was also the chef. Next morning breakfast was reasonable. Once again only one staff member seemed on duty. I congratulated her on her English to find she was from Yorkshire!
So all in all a positive experience thanks to good but overworked staff. Please change the check in times though.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Great location in an amazing little town. The food was prepared amazingly. It was served promptly after we ordered. We had a real 3 course meal here, from start to finish it was amazing. They spoke clear English for those that needed it as well. Wine selection is local and was amazing also. Dessert was to die for...I got some to go!

Room Tip: Small parking lot
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2017

After a quick cycle round Mortain to check out the lunch situation, I decided to give this place a try - great decision! Despite that fact I was dressed in lycra I was welcomed into the rather splendid dining room (crisp white tablecloths, sparkiling glasses etc)
Decided to go for the Menu at 12.5 Euros - another great decision - and was treated to one of the best lunches I have ever had in France. No choice but that did not matter, 4 delicious courses, Entree, Plat, Cheese and Dessert plus a glass of good Vin Blanc - all beautifully cooked and presented - BARGAIN!! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Only had lunch but judging by the Foyer, Restaurant etc I think I would stay there if in the area again
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

€32.90 for a very disappointing main course with glass of orange juice for two. I had Albans bavette with overlooked refried frittes, while my husband had an overcooked and over salted salmon - I left most of my meal, but no-one showed concern. Service also disappointing.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple