“Dinner ”

Cuisines: British, Pub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

We live quite near this pub and decided to have dinner there tonight. I don't eat wheat. I had absolutely excellent GF fish and chips. It was great. Everyone was lovely. The pub was warm and cosy. Just wanted to say thanks for a great meal. We will return!

Hoarwithy, Owner at The New Harp Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Food was utterly gorgeous.. again! Hanger steak is the best! Fish is the best! Food, service and atmosphere is amazing. (I'm tempted not to tell you all in case I can't get a table!!) They've even got electric hand towel dispensers... ❤❤❤

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Myself and my other half visited the new harp in for lunch today, and wow food was so fresh and lovely all homemade and local produce, I would highly recommend. The staff were very friendly and very welcoming. There was a gorgeous wood burner lovely to see and feel the heat on a beautiful winters day. Prices were fantastic we will visiting again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Whilst holidaying in the area, we chose to have dinner at the New Harp Inn, mainly because, (as we had our pooch with us), we were told that it was dog friendly.
We arrived early (6pm) and was warmly welcomed by the young lady tending the bar. Although it was quiet, just 4-5 locals, (not a surprise at this hour of the evening), it felt that it could be buzzing a little later.
The menu was not extensive, but it had a variety of dishes from which to choose. We only had a main course each, my husband chose the 'Celebration of Pork', which included faggots and spanish sausage and he enjoyed it, saying that it was 'very tasty'. I opted for the '12oz Herefordshire Rump Steak', asking for it to be cooked rare. I was delighted, it was cooked to perfection and was one of the best rump steaks that I have eaten.
I would like to have given 4.5* as our food was cooked so well, but this isn't an option on the TripAdvisor reviews.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

4 of us called in for lunch having been turned away at another pub as they were "not doing food as we we have a big do on tonight". What luck; 3 of us had to Torbay Sole and 1 the hanger steak. All the dishes were cooked perfectly and the sole in particular was stunning. The hanger steak (first time eaten) was succulent and tasty. All the dishes came with "proper" chips - very moreish!
We had puds, the sticky toffee pudding was so good, the pear sorbet addictive and the cheeseboard was a meal in itself. Service was discrete and efficient.
Many thanks to the other pub!!!

1  Thank Paulnet48