1,623 results
All reviews golf course spa village high tea gonbei restaurant ytl hotels afternoon tea the main road road noise colonial style jim thompson tea room pangkor laut japanese restaurant hot towels cameron highlands spa experience double glazing colonial hotel
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful first time stay at this lovely resort. From the moment we stepped into the resort, we were attended to by Jesus who shared with us on the tea tour, spa and dinner package, and Shukri who served us our lovely dinner, as well as the greeting we received from the F&B Manager, Ong, the service has not been short of impeccable. We had our reservations from previous postings in Trip Advisor on the road noise but as we entered our room all such reservations were dismissed. We could not hear the traffic from our room and slept well . The spa service was also to die for and we really enjoyed the tea bath as well as the massage. The sheer fact that my husband slept as soon as he was being massaged was evident of the service at the Spa Village. The dinner by the fireplace was special indeed where my husband had the opportunity of lighting the fireplace. Our table was decorated with candles and flowers to make it a memorable night for us. The food by Chef Mat was delectable, especially the Beef Tenderloin. Breakfast was delicious and the wait staff were courteous and engaging. It was a generous spread where you could order and taste other breakfast dishes (i.e. It is not limited to one dish per person). All in all I had a wonderful birthday retreat at Cameron Highlands Resort. Keep up the great work!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Tanzie W, Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Xiang18,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay at Cameron Highlands resort. It was such a great pleasure to read your kind words about our resort especially the Spa, food quality as well as the service rendered to you by the team.

We are thrilled to hear that you have an enjoyable and memorable stay with us and it is always our highest mission to ensure your comfort level of stay with us.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Stayed five nights at this resort. It was refreshing to have no air conditioning and fresh air into the room if you wanted. The rooms were well appointed. The silver service at all meals was a real treat. The food and beverage staff could not do enough for you. Special mention to Shiva and chef Edward Chung who served some great food at breakfast and dinner. A very special mention to Madi, the Naturalist who guided me on some wonderful jungle treks. His knowledge of the jungle environment is impressive. A very memorable stay.

Room Tip: All rooms open to a balcony looking across the golf course providing a wonderful outlook.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Roy A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay at Cameron Highlands resort. It was such a great pleasure to read your kind words about our resort especially the hotel ambience, dining experience, jungle trekking as well as the service rendered to you by Chef Edward, Madi and Shiva.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with my family. I wish I could give more stars. The hotel is beautiful clean and in very peaceful place. We had an amazing dinner as vegetarians. Chef Amin and Mr. Ravi made the dinner even more wonderful. At the breakfast Mr Jan was very friendly smiley. Thanks to them. Hopefully we will come back again. If you like beautiful and peaceful environment I advice this to everyone. It is wonderful.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank saly2015
Tanzie W, Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear sal y,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay at Cameron Highlands resort. It was such a great pleasure to read your kind words about our resort especially the hotel ambience, dining experience as well as the service rendered to you by Chef Amin, Ravi and Jan.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

I had a wonderful experience staying at the Cameron Highlands resorts from May 1st 2018 to May 3rd 2018. My fiance chose this place as he heard good reviews from his friends, and surely we were not disappointed.

Service from the start to end was excellent. We were greeted warmly by all the staffs, and the staff at the reception Mr Narinder was very helpful in giving us the information about the tours that were available, he also helped us with the booking of the tours.

Mr Jan who was in charge of the food and beverage department was such a delight. He made sure we were well taken care off. He also went the extra mile to give us more information about the place and of course the food was great.

It was my birthday when we checked in the hotel, so the staff gave me plenty of surprises. They decorated our bed with flowers and petals and left us a birthday cake in our room. They also lit up the fireplace for me and my fiance and gave us complimentary martinis to drink by the fireplace. They took pictures of this event, printed it, framed it and gave it to me as a birthday gift. I have to thank Ms Sherry and her team for these surprises.

The room was very clean, with beautiful view of the golf course from our balcony. The whole ambiance of the hotel was like a little Europe and we had no heart to leave this place and the staffs. They really made my birthday a very special and memorable one. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear chitrasegar88,,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay at Cameron Highlands resort. It was such a great pleasure to read your kind words about our resort especially the hotel ambience, room as well as the service rendered to you by our team in particularly Narinder,Jan and Sherry.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I started off my stay here well, thinking that this was going to be top class. Check in was smooth, dinner service at Gonbei (6 May) and breakfast service at the dining room (7 May) was fantastic, massage was not great but decent. Nice gym, nice big room. Lovely start.

There are however two key service-related problems. The first problem is certain staff’s command of the English language is extremely poor to the point that they don’t understand simple breakfast orders. Breakfast service at dining room (8 May) was shockingly bad. I ordered sunny side eggs with the works (sausage, farm bread, beef bacon, hash brown, baked beans, mushrooms). I asked for an additional hashbrown. To a clarification query, I said that I wanted everything and one more hash brown, so in total I would get two hash browns. My order came without eggs, farm bread and the additional hash brown. I thought maybe they needed more time for the eggs, bread and additional hash brown, so I accepted the order first. The outstanding items did not arrive after around 10 minutes. I chased up on my order and highlighted the outstanding items to the same staff (I literally pointed at the outstanding items on the menu). He was courteous and apologetic so we decided to wait. 10 minutes later, an omelette arrived. Again the staff was apologetic so I decided to give them more time. Another 10 minutes later, still no sunny side eggs, farm bread, hash brown. So we enquired and were told that the hash browns were not ready. My husband asked why, but the explanation given was unclear. We then decided to leave.

The second problem, there is poor service recovery only until “you kick up a fuss”. After the unhappiness at the dining room, I went to the reception to highlight the problem. I received an apology and that was it. I highlighted that the language issue should be escalated to the manager to address. I was then told that it’s not possible as the manager was on vacation. I was speechless. The receptionist then gave me a silent stare like, “so what else do you want?” I was quite appalled at the poor attitude and left quickly, visibly angry (but I did not say anything else). Only after I showed anger when leaving, did the reception/ staff make some attempt at service recovery by trying to serve up my breakfast (which I had ordered, waited 30 minutes for but didn’t receive) in my room.

This is quite ridiculous. I just wanted sunny side eggs in the morning, not a mountain of apologies and excuses. Cameron Highlands Resort, you have beautiful premises and nice rooms (hardware) but your service (software) is inconsistent and in some cases such as this morning 8 May, severely lacking.

Btw to other future guests, take note that there is no air conditioning in this hotel and you will probably need to open the windows for ventilation. I stayed on ground floor and street noise and mosquitoes were a problem. Had to burn mosquito coil provided by the hotel. Be prepared to suffer.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Tanzie W, Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Dear Youngauntysg,,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review on Tripadvisor.

Words cannot express how disappointed I am to hear about your experience and I deeply apologize for the less than satisfying moments; from the food and beverage service, road noise to the reception staff service.

Please note that we have taken your feedback seriously especially on the service and product provided to our guest. We are currently working on the immediate improvement with the team.

Once again, my apologies for the negative impression reflected and we would love to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future, and this time, with a much better stay experience with us.