See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Too many bad things.
The carpet in the room had water spots. The room felt all the time kind of wet and moist.
The worst thing was that during my absence someone went into my room and stole my tablet (left it there to charge it). Management told me that that never happened before and that it wasn't anyone from the staff. Could not see how the person got in the room but for sure the person had a key.
The management was still friendly and tried to help me.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Simon B
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel was so bad that we actually left basically as soon as we walked in and just decided we'd rather lose the money than stay there.

The back story is that we booked this hotel along with a tour from Penang. I think this hotel may get the majority of its business that way because they didn't even attempt to be inhabitable. It's just a tourist trap.

The rooms are extremely dirty/musty/moldy. The bed was just springs and was stained every color of the rainbow. I'm sure there were bed bugs but like I said, we left. The bathroom didn't have towels or soap and just an almost empty roll of toilet paper.

I had done research before arriving and saw that it would be horrible so we walked across the road to Camellia Budget Inn and had a nice stay (see review).

Trust me, don't stay here!

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joy L
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel altough the reviews where really bad. We had no choice because many hotels were fully booked.
The room was not that bad. It was quite big, there were enough plugs and the hot shower was perfect. The hotel is on a good location and there was no disturbing noice outside. Also the wifi works good.

But there are also reasons to not stay here. First of all, the matrasses are very uncomfortable and really need to change. The bathroom was all wet when we arrived (it looked like someone had just took a shower). The room felt moist, which isn't nice. Their was no TV in the room. The whole hotel looked gray and dirty and there was no athmosphere at all.

So: it's not really bad to stay at this hotel if it's just for one or two nights and if you don't expect a lot. They have good things as well. But other hotels/lodges are looking much better!

Room Tip: We had a room on the first level
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ivdk
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Do not stay here. I repeat, do not stay here. Over priced, dirty room with the worst bed and uncleaned sheets. The room stinks of not being cleaned. Noisy at night. Plus they charged extra for my girlfriend, even though we slept in one bed. I am never picky with rooms. Actually I can live like a caveman. But this place is worse than a cave. Stay away.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ZeusK18
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The last time we were in Cameron Highlands, in 2009, we chanced upon this place and thought it was a great find. The owner was very friendly, the room we got was clean and the price was right. So when we arrived in CH last weekend, we thought we'd stay there again. It looked the same, friendly enough person behind the counter. The price had increased by 60% though. OK, maybe they've done up the rooms better? NOT.

Old springy mattress, hard pillows, broken towel rail. The shower head hung limply from the pipeline. And the worst of all was the stupefying music blaring from the street.

We were amazed that no one complained about the music. It went on all day and up to beyond 9pm. Too late to change though. Good thing we were only staying one night.

And good thing we were too dead tired from riding, or heads would roll probably, lol.

We walked around the town in the afternoon, after checking in, and found another place to stay at. Will review that place when we get a chance to stay there!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple