Kang Travellers Lodge (Daniel's Lodge)
Strawberry Park Resort(Tanah Rata)
USD 100
USD 85
Hotel De' La Ferns(Tanah Rata)
USD 75
USD 71
USD 76
USD 50
Priceline
Father's Guest House(Tanah Rata)(Great Value!)
USD 23
Hotels.com
USD 92
TripAdvisor
CH Travellers Inn(Tanah Rata)(Great Value!)
USD 25
  • Breakfast included
USD 25
USD 330
TripAdvisor
Orchid Lodge(Tanah Rata)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
De'Native Guest House(Tanah Rata)(Great Value!)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsjungle barcheap roomcheapest beerhot showerbonfiretreks
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Kangs travellers lodge is the worst hostel I've ever stayed at: The rooms are very gross and smelly and the beds also stink.
The bathrooms are disgusting.

The positive things are the nice looking 'community area' with many plants and the so called 'jungle bar' (we only looked at it shortly but it seemed nice and funny).

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This place is convenient to stay if you need go to Brinchang also convenient and other place.The parking is also available.The room price is also reasonable.The wifi is good connection at outside the room but not in the room.The room wifi is bad cannot get connected.The shower have cold and hot water and the bathroom is clean but the shower hanger is failure need to be replacement.They have 2 types of rooms first types is share bathroom and the second types rooms is with bathroom facing the jungle bar.The night time have a jungle bar those who like a alcoholic drink.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

It was cheap and clean, had wifi, shared bathrooms and is a three minute walk from the Main Street but that's about it. Too bad the wifi didn't reached the room (had a double room on the side of the building).
The place really didn't struck me but I'm pretty sure it has more to do with me than the place itself.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gengi5
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Had no intention on staying here when I arrived in cameron highlands but a driver from the hostel came to the bus as we arrived and I was tempted by the price!
At 15-18RM a night (as shown on the leaflet he had provided me).. so thought why not!
Followed him to the mini bus to get a lift to the accommodation. Got shown the dorm rooms, one room had lockers and the other is without. The room with the lockers cost 20 (which seemed more private) and the room without was 18..(which wasn't the nicest dark and dingy and everyone could see you) and the price that he had told me was higher than stated on the leaflet!! But I still went along with it and paid 18RM for it... rookie mistake, should have haggled to that price that was stated!
Anyways the whole place was dark, there was only one Light in the dorm, the hallway thing leading to the shared toilet/showers had no light! The shower/toilet was dark.... the outside area was dark! Literally so dark and I can't stand dark places! The beds also had stains, I found a hair on my bed! There was also a hole in my blanket!
I also had no intention on staying here as they don't do free breakfast or provide towels! Which I forgot to ask before I decided to stay there! I found 2 hostels which was near by near enough the same sort of price which provided breakfast and towels!
The staff are quite nice but apart from that I wouldn't stay here again.
Bring insect repellant spray and spray like mad! And extra clothes! It's cold at night especially in bed! There are also 2-3 dogs which roam around the outdoor area (think they belong to someone but unsure) one of them had my shoe and started eating at it! Luckily I saw and grabbed it off him before he did!
Also there are no plugs in the dorms, not sure about the private rooms. The plugs are in the outdoor seating area and the wifi is pretty crap too!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank DaisyN91
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights as it seemed like the cheapest place in an otherwise expensive town (for the budget backpacker).
Staff were fairly pleasant on check in. Gave us a small discount for staying 2 nights... Wish we had haggled for more though.
Room was fairly small and floor had dirt in the corners. The bed/pillows didn't smell overly clean either.
Toilets/showers were around the corner outside and although the floors, sinks and toilets were kept clean, anything higher wasn't.
Bring earplugs just in case the people next door are noisy as the walls are so thin you can hear a whisper.
We were told we needed to pay for our second night again upon checkout as they had no record of us paying. Told them no and they found the record. Would recommend asking for a receipt.
Have stayed in so much nicer places for less.
Would not recommend