“Greek meze ”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 13
Cuisines: Greek, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Charming and full of character 15th Century Inn, dating back to 1490. Situated at the heart of the village of Whatlington, on the A21, just a few minutes outside Battle and the seaside town of Hastings. With a wealth of original features including the large inglenook fireplace, the 80ft indoor well, quirky oldie-worldly interior and private large beer garden, The Royal Oak is the perfect place to meet up with friends and family. With a passion for good food, specialising in Greek cuisine and many popular international dishes, the Royal Oak offers a great venue for a quiet meal, family day out or a special event, in its stunning Function Room. Children are welcome and can be entertained at the indoor and outdoor play areas.
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We visited on the spur of the moment and had the meze meal which consisted of 16 dishes all were authentic and good quality cant wait to go again.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Our host was delightful, welcoming us as we arrived and showing us to a table. The medieval building is amazing, we sat next to the well! The food was delicious. Our waitress was chatty and friendly. We had a lovely visit and meal.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Took my grandchildren for a last lunch treat to a favourite place the day before they returned to school. Their lunches were spot on as usual, however, I ordered a Mac N Cheese. When it arrived I noticed a bit of grease on the surface but thought it was maybe from the cheese so started eating it. As I continued eating I had to let grease drip from each forkful....I decided to eat it anyway just see the quantity of grease that was left and I was shocked to find about three tablespoonsful!
I showed the waitress who also appeared shocked and she took the bowl to the kitchen. They deducted half the cost of the Mac n Cheese. I thought that was mean considering.....I'll never order that again!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Interesting building in a nice setting
Just popped in for quick lunch so ordered a mixture of sharers and starters between us
Bar staff very friendly and welcoming and the food was excellent
Won't hesitate to eat here again when in the area

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Went here to celebrate our daughter's exam results, family of 4. Two shared the Cyprus Platter which was perfect for 2 to share and very filling,varied and delicious; one had Fish and Chips and the other Mac'N'Cheese. All very happy with the food, would definitely eat there again, great service and good beer to boot!