All reviews afternoon tea laura ashley secret escapes wedding reception spa facilities wedding breakfast executive room family wedding bridal suite relaxing stay following morning lovely grounds buffet style lovely room weekend break family room stayed here for one night
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

If you decide to have your wedding there... please don't do it.
Me and partner went there just for one night and there was a wedding as well.
First we waited around 25min on the bar to get some drink and sandwich. After 1h.the weiter gave as absolutely different than we ordered and 2 instead 1.
Dinner was ok. The service there was great.
Night..... Oh my God!!! All the service was given alcohol to the wedding guests until 5.30am and was terrible. The was screaming and shouting, there was a man hit women ... people trying to stop them /probably parents/ just the horrible managing in only one wedding and a small hotel.
We slept only 3h.
The next morning for breakfast everywhere was dirty with glasses of wine and alcohol and cigarettes on the floor.
When we checked out we asked why did they alow them to have so much alcohol and the manager said that she didn't see the reason of not giving :(
They gave as 30% discount.
I feel so sorry for the other guests like me and my husband and sorry for the wedding couple.
Wish them Good luck!

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank zuzu474
Alex R, General Manager at Burnham Beeches Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear zuzu474,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit to Burnham Beeches Hotel. I was sorry to read that your night was disturbed by other guests staying at the hotel and attending a function. I know that you were able to speak with the duty manager before you departed and I had understood that you were satisfied with the resolution offered although clearly from your review this is not the case. If you do wish to discuss your stay further you are welcome to contact me directly at the hotel.

01628 600 151

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Burnham Beeches was a bit of a mixed bag. The location and building are stunning and the parts I saw were generally in good condition, clean and tidy. Check in was a bit clumsy, staff more concerned with car details and no information was given about breakfast, check out, use of pool etc.
Our executive room was spacious with comfortable beds. However again no information about facilities at the hotel, little niggles like empty milk cartons amongst the tea facilities, a big cobweb hanging over one of the beds and and half the nozzles on the shower head didn't work. Not the end of the world but the sort of detail I'd expect from 4 stars and the price paid.

The huge positive at the hotel was the afternoon tea - delicious, elegant, indulgent and worth every penny. Fernando's service was spot on and he could teach some of the other staff a thing or two that would tune this hotel up to match its beautiful looks.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank salieri_75
Alex R, General Manager at Burnham Beeches Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear salieri_75,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Burnham Beeches Hotel. I was sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your room and I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping and maintenance teams. I have also shared your kind words about the Laura Ashley Tea Room with our Tea Room Manager, Fernando. We are very proud of this new addition and this is the standard that we hope we will be able to bring the entire hotel up to.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Unfortunately this hotel is not up to its star rating. Its very shabby and tired and needs a lot of work. We stayed during the recent heatwave, which the hotel obviously had no control over, but the room was so unbearably hot and having to have the window open all night we were kept awake until late by a wedding party there - the music and the air conditioning unit to the function room. We were also under the flight path to Heathrow airport - lovely if you like listening to the sound of aircraft!! We didn't eat here because we were actually put off by the shabbiness and also how dirty the outside drinking area was - cigarette butts overflowing the bin and on the floor..

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie T

Dear Julie T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to the hotel. I was sorry to read that the heat wave that we experienced detracted from your enjoyment of your stay. I regret that we do not have air conditioning in all of our rooms due to the complications of installing a system in the original mansion house. I apologise that you were not able to get a good nights sleep.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

On a very hot Saturday afternoon myself and eight members of my hen party had Afternoon tea at the Burnham Beeches hotel. We were all impressed by the quantity of the food. Sandwiches were fresh and full of filling. Scones were delicious and warm and the cakes (particularly the brownie!) were delicious. It was a busy time at the hotel as there was a wedding too but nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They were polite and courteous. We were not hurried along either so it was a relaxing time! We had a wonderful afternoon. Thankful to everyone!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear AnnieWindsor,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent afternoon tea party at Burnham Beeches Hotel. I was thrilled to read that you decided to celebrate your hen party with it and I am delighted that you all enjoyed it.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

A beautiful hotel once, now tired and worn out, in need of a great deal of TLC. In no ones imagination is this 4 stars now. Still clinging on to credit that may have been due a long time ago.
Some staff were excellent, engaged, switched on and proactive. Others were at best present.

Room tip: Try somewhere else.
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Keith D

Dear Keith D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Burnham Beeches Hotel. I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy your experience in the hotel. I am glad you felt some members of the team looked after you well.