Free cancellation until 03/08
USD 35
USD 35
USD 31
  • Breakfast included
Ekanth Holiday Home(Kushalnagar)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 113
USD 96
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Bright Inn Comforts(Kushalnagar)(Great Value!)
USD 30
USD 27
Priceline
The Casiita(Kushalnagar)
USD 53
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 October 2017

A lovely stay for families.
Do not expect a hotel service here..this is a home stay and they do a good job for it.

Came upon this Home stay on my research for a home stay in Coorg.
this place was ranking high on points 4.5 plus on feed back.So book this place for us.
My daughter wife and me. 3 of us.

I must say the points given for this stay is totally right.
truly a peaceful place to stay. very cosy and comfortable.
The owner’s son whom we met called (Dinston ..sorry if i got the spelling wrong) is a very helpful person. Ask away anything to him…if he can help, he will…

Book this place with breakfast option only.. their breakfast is really good.
they feed you like they are feeding a wedding party…seriously I am not kidding…
please do make sure to inform them correctly of the quantity you want…or face their generosity.

Issues: Teeny weeny issues which i have mention to Dinston.
TV not working (esp when you have kids)
Not enough Spoons (we had a tiny spoon)
The kettle has a loose conduct.
When the generator is on the water tap give a SHOCK..
Towels are not changed daily...and so on

All the above have been mentioned and the owners have promised to look into it.

So put simply

STAY HERE if you want a good stay with good home food.
It’s in Kaushal nagar and not in Coorg Proper…but worth the stay.

It’s 8 km to the Elephant camp and 18 km to see the Vintage car museum.
There is a restaurant nearby if you want eat out...

For Alcohol you have to go to the city and look for the shop called MAYFLOWER or ask for May flower to any auto driver..

If you are gonna be late and not having dinner out…inform them to keep your dinner ready and they will…
DO NOT MISS OUT ON THEIR PANDHI CURRY…YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Thank you to the owners and the cook fabulous stay and a memorable one.

Room Tip: take including breakfast, and have their Pandhi curry
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kichukodoth
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Located very close to tourist spots Dubbare Elephant Camp,Nisargadham and Bylakuppe (Tibetan Settlement), the homestay in Kushalnagar is ideal for families with kids.

There is an in-house cook, one can order customised meals and snacks. Best thing about this place is On-demand service from the staff and absolutely no time restriction be it for food, bonfire etc.

It has two cottages, each cottage has 2 bedrooms with attached bath having geyser and a hall,kitchen area, fridge,TV, dining table. They do provide extra mattresses if required.

Very reasonably priced and with made-to-order meals and lush green lawns for
kids to play around, the place is suitable for people who are not too keen on mountain
views,AC in rooms ( you don't need really) or any hotel-like service but would rather
relax and have great time together.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 September 2017

It was our pleasure hosting you guys.. All of us from Carpe Diem Stay thank you for putting in ur valuable time into this review...hope to host u guys pretty soon....

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

It was a sudden plan to visit Coorg (Bangalore-Coorg) with my facility during the Easter weekend 14-15 April. I was told by my travel agent that all hotels are sold out in Coorg due long weekend and it is a wise decision to stay at Kushalnagar which is around 30 Km from Madekeri. Since I wanted to take my family out, decided to stay at Carpe Diem at Dubbare rd, Kushalnagar.
I honestly had no idea / experience regarding homestay. its two individual houses with roof tiles around less than an acer land. the disappointments began once we entered the property.
The first person whom we met is called Ram. He just opened C2A and vanished. it was consisting of a large drawing and dining room and the bed room is adjacent. once found him again, requested for tea which came around an hour later. Then he said we were allotted C2B room which is comparatively 1/3 of the previous room. we struggled to get network connectivity for both voice and data and it showed no service.
The place is at least 10 km away from Kushalnagar town and there is pitch dark silence till I could see at night. When we asked for dinner menu Ram told it is Rs 250/person which seems to be very expensive as far as home food is concerned. I drove around 6 Km to get the food from a restaurant called Fish and Curry, which was on the main road. They do offer AC rooms @ 1500.
by the way, this homestay doesn't have AC, free wifi and room specific UPS in case of load shading.
After dinner and watching one IPL match we went to sleep. Around 0100 we realized that there was no electricity and it is extremely hot. we were expecting to have the electricity back but till 0220 hrs there was no sign of electricity. we had to get up middle of the night and went to the care taker's room, knock him up and requested to do something with the electricity. he finally switched on the generator and the electricity was back.
I told them to give us coffee at 0630 on 15 April and breakfast at 0700 hrs which never came. finally got it at 8am. we were offered puri and sabji in the breakfast . total 10 puries were given I guess 4 for adults and 2 for child. no one asked for additional puri or anything that is required , strange !!
we wanted to spend two nights on 14 and 15 April and were completely disappointed with the amenities and hospitality. I did check tripadvisor before booking on the comments but nothing was mentioned anywhere.

Carpe Die stay is definitely not a dwelling point at Dubbare rd as it doesn't offer anything apart from deep silence and dark nights. So please think it twice before you book it. There are many budget hotels available in Madikeri which are not always listed online.

I had lot of excitement about Coorg and its people, but disappointed. please remember situation and opinions might differ between people.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank debajyotib2016
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

It was a sudden plan with friends and family to visit Coorg. And we accidentally came across the place Carpe diem online. But indeed it was a good decision. Few good things about the resort -

1. The place only has two cottages hence for two or three family's travelling together, it's a safe bet.

2. The place is very secured and kids friendly.

3. They have a In house cook hence you can customise your food. You can also use their kitchen.

4. The person who runs the entire property personally takes care of guest.

5. The place is quite near to Buddhist monastery , Nisarga and Dubare elephant camp.

6. The cottages have microwave and other facilities.

The only drawback is, if you looking to experience coffee estates or looking for a scenic beauty from our window, than that's missing.

I would recommend this place for family and people traveling in groups and looking for privacy.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family