1,673 results
All reviews aji spa kai restaurant golf course nearby casino gila river indian reservation ko sin pool area interpretive trail western town outlet mall lobby bar conference center great resort guest services beautiful property business conference
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We only were able to enjoy 1 night at this gorgeous resort. Everything from the valet service, to the views, sounds, and overall atmosphere are superb.
It is slightly secluded and about 3 miles away from the (not to be confused with) wild horse casino and hotel.

If you've got a car be prepared for $22 a night parking fee if you valet (which you'll likely want to do because the parking lot is far from the entrance.

Pools are gorgeous. Many birds chirping, cooing and making lovely sounds in the morning. Rooms are a bit of a hike. We saw horseback riders, and hikers, so this could easily be a place you don't need to leave (enjoy all the amenities for a week)

We ate breakfast in our room and it was delish!

Might have to go back to this establishment soon.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JulietteND
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This hotel is nicely designed and has been very relaxing to visit in the past but some thing has changed perhaps a change in management. The same Resort Manager is there but other managers may have changed.

The problems are numerous and I will attempt to include them all.

First, I happen to check on my reservations (2) about three days before our arrival to find them cancelled. I called the reservation number to find out what happened. The reservationist called the hotel and found out that the reservation was cancelled by Manager. (I later found out that they were cancelled by mistake. They meant to cancel some one else’s reservation.) I was told that some one named Rachel was fixing the reservations and I should get an email shortly to confirm. If I did not hear then I was to call Rachel at the hotel. I got one reservation confirmed but not the other one. So I called the hotel. It was about 3 P.M. I was told that Rachel was out to lunch and to call back in about an hour. I did so but was told this time that she was gone for the day. I asked for some one to help with my reservation. Now I spoke with Brooks. She said she would fix the other reservation and email me. She did email me but the email did not mention a $100 hotel credit. She also said that she was going to upgrade me to a deluxe room. This was strange because I was already in and paying for a deluxe room. I emailed her back but she did not answer. I emailed her two more times and I still got no answer.

Okay, so we show up and the deluxe room was set up and I was told that the $100 credit on record too. Our room assigned and the corridor outside had a mildew/musty smell in my opinion. We noticed that the room had no bathrobes or even a pen for that matter. I visited the front desk to ask if they stop having robes in the rooms. I was told that they stop putting the robes in the rooms because customers were stealing them.

The next morning, I called and asked for the concierge to see if I could get tickets to a concert. I was forwarded to the desk but got returned to the operator. I explained that I had been sent back to her and she forwarded me again but this time I got the front desk cue. I decided to walk there later.

We had a two confirmed appointments at the spa. We showed up and found they had one on the wrong day even though we had an email in hand with the reservation. They accommodated us okay. The staff member asked about our stay and I told her the problems so far. She suggested that I speak with a Manager named Mark (Resort Manager).

After our treatment, we planned to stay at the Spa which is very relaxing but I got dressed and went to talk with the concierge. It was about noon. When I got there, the desk was empty so I asked at the front desk if the person was in today. He said that she was on lunch and to come back in 30 minutes. I waited for an hour then went back over. She still was not there. I then decided to speak with Mark. I told him of the problems and then asked if we could change rooms and if some one could check on the tickets for the Neil Sedaka concert which was two days away. He agreed with the room change and said that he would personally call on the tickets since he has more influence. He was to get back to me on the results. We changed rooms but no message from Mark. The next day, I get a call from the concierge. She says that she heard we wanted tickets but many shows are sold out. She asked that we contact her. I went to visit her. She knew nothing about the exchange with Mark. I asked her to see if Mark was available. Another person came out and said Mark was busy. I explained about the tickets. He said that Mark had asked the concierge to check on the tickets. I told him that she did not know any thing about the specifics on my request and not had done any thing. I told him that Mark said that he was going to check himself and then get back to me. He then said that Mark did check and the concierge checked but no tickets were available. I called the next day and got two very good seats from the box office.

Overall, I did not enjoy my visit at this hotel. I wrote to Sheraton days ago on these problems but I have not gotten a response. I wrote to the hotel to get a copy of my bill since my credit card seems to have some incorrect charges but no response as yet and it has been three days.

Room Tip: Stay away from the north wing.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank leetom2
Reviewed 26 February 2013

First class. That pretty much sums it up! We stayed at this resort for 5 days back in November 2012 (sorry I am late in reviewing!), on a company trip. This was my first trip there and I have to say I will be back sometime soon! I am beach person so I was a bit reluctant if this trip would be any fun or even my type of trip. They exceeded my expectations abundantly! First class resort with very friendly staff, bartenders, waiters & waitresses. Their hospitality and attitudes were just awesome. They all seemed to enjoy working there and very willing to help people in any way possible. The rooms are clean and casually decorated in a western attire...the hallways play music of native american culture, a very light, peaceful, relaxing tune...makes you just wanna go.."ahhhhhhh". We loved the culture but also the casual atmosphere of the resort. The pools are fantastic and the service at the pool area was prompt and friendly. The background scenery with the golf course and then the mountains behind that is one of a kind! We were able to dine at the 5 star restaurant, Koi, and boy, was that an experience! Simply amazing! if you get a chance to go to Koi, please do. Its not every day you get to dine 5 star!! We were also able to spend a half day at the Aji Spa and how wonderful was that? We had pedicures and a couples massage that was fantastic! We were also able to enjoy lunch while at the spa, and we could have jumped in the spa pool but chose not to because it was a tad on the cool side the day we attended the spa. Overall, I was very impressed, as there is much more to do there than what we had time for, and I would also recommend going over to Rawhide Steakhouse & Saloon, which is just a couple blocks away. It is also a rendition of an old wild west town, with shops, restaurants, shows, horse rides and more! Its a great time as well. It is open during the week at 5 pm to like 11 pm and then on weekends during the day. Just down the road (you actually can pass it before you reach the resort) is the Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, for those of you who like to try their luck...we didn't have any, but left it for everyone else! :) Overall, I look forward to returning soon, and hopefully getting to enjoy some of the activities that we could not fit in this time around. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: All areas seem to be pretty quiet, but we had one by the elevator and weren't bothered at all.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CentralLTraveler
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear Guest,

You have no idea how much your message means to us. To hear you rate our establishment as “first class” is truly an honor and we cannot thank you enough. Our associates work hard to exceed our guests’ expectations and will be thrilled to learn that they accomplished this goal during your stay.

We love to hear that you will return and look forward to welcoming you back and delivering another memorable stay.

Stephanie Sanstead

Reviewed 26 February 2013

We took the family and enjoyed the waterslide and pools during the hot summer afternoons. Beware when traveling here during the summer months, rates are less, but many of the services run on a limited schedule or not at all during those months. Hotel grounds were beautiful and really capture the native american ambience in AZ. The Hotel was rural enough to really appreciate AZ nature, shopping and attractions were 10 minute drive awa, for us it was a perfect combination, you just definately need a rental car. The service and amenities didn't seem quite up to 5 star standard. Husband and daughter did the horseback riding with the company that the hotel uses. They had a nice early morning ride-although their was a mix up on them getting picked up at the hotel even though they made reservations in advance. Couldn't dine in the 5 star restaurant Kai, since it was closed the night we had available. Poolside food and drinks were good.

Room Tip: The hotel spreads out in a u shape, some rooms (like those near the parking lot for your rental car) are quite a walk to breakfast, lobby and the pool area. Depending on if you will be staying at the property or traveling to see other az area attractions you might want to decide if you want a room close to your car or close to the pool. All the rooms seemed designed to have a good view of pools, golf course and moutain range.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank custravel_4
Reviewed 20 February 2013

The service at Wild Horse is sublime. The views are pure Arizona serenity. This was our second stay and it was even better than the first. The Mustang and Massage at the Aji spa is a very special experience . A beautiful ride followed with expert massage...access to pool in serene setting and delicious lunch included. Fantastic day!

• Stayed: February 2013