All reviewsmeal planbeautiful beachreef fishingscreened in porchconch barsouthern airrented a carsandy caydean's blue holestella mariscolumbus monumentconch frittersbug spraypaddle boardsbreakfast and dinnerhobie catturquoise water
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Travelling to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort I was worried that I might not have enough stuff to do to keep me busy while we were there. My wife was more then ahppy to sit on the beach everyday soaking up the sun but I needed some things to do. Do not worry about this! There is so much to do on the island! While there, I went deep sea fishing and reef fishing with Bert. He is an amazing guide who really knows his stuff. He kept the fishing experiences fun and interesting and brought in LOTS of fish. We also went out on a ocean tour with Bert that took us to see Iguanas on a remote island and snorkling off the reef. We also expored Long Island visiting the blue hole, Max's conch bar, and the caves. There were more things more things that we simply didn't have time to do - the monument, kayaking, hobie boat sailing, ride bikes, etc. Next time we visit we will have to try to fit some of those adventures in. I think this resort is great because you get the choice to do as much or as little as you you want. Can't wait to get back there!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrtimoc
BrookCSM, General Manager at Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2010

Dear mrtimoc,

Thank you so much for the review. It was great to meet you both, and hope to see you again!

Cheers,
Brook & Ewa

Reviewed 12 October 2010

First and foremost this resort is NOT one of those hermetically sealed, glitzy, places that could be put anywhere on earth and provide exactly the same experience. This place is cozy and down to earth and the real deal. The beach is one of the best I have seen in the world. The staff are, on the whole, lovely and the rooms are perfect IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING. Do your research. If you come expecting nightclubs, up-to-the-minute high-end designer accommodations, four-story waterslides and a celebrity chef -forget it. If instead, you want a huge screened porch, effective AC, yummy beds and clean rooms all about 17 steps from the softest white sand and warm water - then go to this resort. The food was good and plentiful - not gourmet but not uninteresting and it always tasted pretty fresh. The staff was nothing but charming and helpful to us and our 4 year old. We felt comfortable with them and they always tried to make our stay outstanding. The little details were also pleasantly surprising - free laundry?!?Next time I am bringing half the clothes :) Getting to Long Is. is part of the adventure. We spent a night in Nassau (a good way to get your shop on if you want) and then hopped on over to Long Is.

The main thing here is Long Island, its beaches and scenery and people (and fishing and water sports, etc). It is out of the way, quiet and relatively unspoiled. To have such a slice of heaven and also get good food and great service is a treat. As long as you know what you are getting, you will NOT be disappointed - we are hoping to go again next year and beyond. Thank you CSM for one of our BEST vacations EVER.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank h2obabylis
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I have been to lots of places in Asia, the Indian Ocean and elsewhere, and I can say this beach is absolutely world class and a reason alone to travel there. For a beach bum like me, this is heaven and thanks to the great staff & management of the resort, we were also able to enjoy mother nature.

Service was very relaxed and friendly. Food was EXCELLENT. We had the mealplan for breakfast and dinner and never got "bored" with the menu. The bungalows were not luxurious but comfy with all you need for such a vacation. And no, we had no privacy issues.

The only annoying thing is getting to Long Island if you don't have your own plane. We flew with Locair and they were delayed by 3 hours on both ways.

Otherwise, the resort is doing everything right, it's true paradise.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2010

This was our 2nd visit, for our anniversary in Aug. This year was even better than the last. We were able to get our favorite bungalow and we were so happy. We think that this beach is the finest in the world. Absolutely calm, shallow to about 100 ft from shore. You float, crawl, sit on your knees and enjoy! Not a single bit of seaweed, only crystal clear water. An occassional sting ray swims by. Last year Ewa and Brook were away when we visited and the only complaint we had was the restaurant staff, slow and not really friendly. This year, with Ewa and Brook on site, the staff was much more attentive and friendly. We recommend the full meal plan, very good food and no hassle with prices, etc. Have your cab driver stop for beer, water, etc. on the way to the resort, it will save you a bundle! We visit the caribbean 5-6 times a year and CSM is our favorite of all. We will return every year unless something changes.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dignplant
Reviewed 8 September 2010

We were married on Abaco Island and spent the rest of the week exploring the Out Islands. We had no reservations and no plans. We flew low and if a place looked interesting to us then we stopped. I have to say we spent eight days exploring the Islands and this one was our most favorite place. Not only our most favorite in the Bahamas, but our most favorite anywhere! The sand felt like velvet, the staff was incredible, the food was delicious. What could be better than watching the sun set and watching the sun rise in the arms of the one you love most? Apon our departure, I simply commented on how much I enjoyed the music playing in the lobby.... they burned me a copy of the CD and I listen to it when I want to be taken back to Cape Santa Maria. We will visit again..... Paul and Jennifer Barnett (Brookhaven, Ms)

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple