“Very Good.”

Coral Sands Beach Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Lovely spot. The manager is a terrific guy. Look him up.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

The lamb was delicious. The chef knows how to cook meat.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Can there be a better place to dine and imbibe on Harbour Island? Great cuisine well served and a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Having been welcomed at beach clubs on the mainland (the main island of Eleuthera) we thought we'd have lunch here then lie on the beach loungers and swim at the beach at this Harbour Island location. The meal cost nearly $100. We started by sharing a plate of conch fritters - which had no flavour but also seemed to be rubbery and full of gristle-ly stuff. I began wondering if I was eatng the poor thing's ees and tentacle-ly things that they feel for food with. It wasn't a pleasant experience. Also I started wondering how long it took for these poor critters to grow before they're harvested and eaten by tourists, decades perhaps. Won't be having them again! My husband ordered tuna which had almost no flavour. I had a lobster sandwich which ws mostly chips (fries) and pretty tasteless as well. The only highlight was the fantastic virgin pina coladas and the very cold local beer. And the view overlooking the pink sand beach in front of the resort.
Afterwards we wandered down onto the beach and selected 2 loungers from the enormous piles of loungers and set ourselves up under a shady umbrella. No sooner had we got settled tan we were told to move by one of the staff. We told him we'd had lunch there and wanted to swim. He disappeared and another guy came by and told us to move. We pointed out that the beach clubs ont he mainland didn't mind us using the beach - with or without having had lunch there! Brick wall, so we moved on and drove northa nd found a nicer beach all to ourselves.
Although I'd been enchanted by the cuteness of the island - painted clapboard houses and the fact you get around on golf carts, it soon wore off and I became rather p*ssed off by the way the big resorts seem to have claimed huge swathes of the island. In the end I couldn't wait to leave.
I would like to to say that the locals we encourtered were friendly and charming as they are on Eleuthera. But after our lacklustre and overpriced lunch at the Coral Sands and subsequent treatment - no amount of money or bribes of any kind would encourage me to return to Harbour Island. Give me the real Eleuthera any day!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

A wonderful setting for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The terrace is directly above the gorgeous pink beach of Harbour island in Eleuthera, the Bahamas. My lunch of mahi salad was fab. In fact, all the lunches being served around me looked attractive and tasty.