“Absolutely Fabulous!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Puffin Place

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Shared garden with sea views, herb garden and BBQ.
Double bedroom with views of the garden and the sea.
Bedroom seating.
Fully equipped Living Room / Kitchen / Diner. Oven, hob, fridge freezer, microwave, kettle.
Living area with Sofa Bed, TV with Freeview, W-Fi access and larder / cupboard.
The Auld Kirk, one of the locations for the film 'The Railway Man'.
The harbour where boats still fish for Crab and Lobster.
The coastal path leading to pittenweem.
Take a boat trip to see the Puffins at the Isle of May.
Flower filled wellies decorate the old boat launch.
The view to the windmill at the old Salt Pans. Ideal location to go 'crabbing'.
The view from the garden.
The beach situated between St Monans and Elie.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ameritas2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
Reviewed 21 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

I booked the Puffin Place on behalf of my friends who were visiting from the USA and I am so glad I did. They were delighted with the accommodation and the attention of the owners. Top class, thank you both so much for making our friends welcome would not hesitate to recommend you in the future.

Dream6886...
“perfect for a relaxing break”
Reviewed 21 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

the puffin place , is just perfect for a long weekend , could of stayed there longer. its right in the middle of the village , so close to everything. a great base , to explore the area . and a bonus being dog friendly. spotlessley clean and well furnished . we will be back .

Tour70150...
“Short break”
Reviewed 10 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

A nice little flat, ideal for exploring Fife. pet friendly. My only complaint would be that you have to cross the road to get to the garden which if the dog wants to go in the middle of the night is a bit of a pain. otherwise a very pleasant stay

Your age range 65+
Laura M
“I can't wait to stay here again!”
Reviewed 3 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I recently spent three nights at The Puffin Place, and it has got to be the comfiest location I've stayed in during my travels in Scotland. It's definitely great value for your money: spacious but with a cozy feel, adorably decorated (and spotlessly clean!), perfectly situated, and with all the amenities you could want for either a short-term or long-term stay. The owners are very nice people who filled me in on local info and let me know I could just knock if I needed anything else during my stay. They were also flexible with my check in/check out needs which was great. I look forward to staying here again the next time I visit St. Monans! l felt like I was staying in my own home, except this place is nicer, hah.

LOCATION: The property is on a quiet and beautiful street (well, all of St. Monans is quiet and beautiful) but it's centrally located: basically around the corner from the grocery store/post office, the cafe (the ladies at The Diving Gannet are very friendly and serve delicious coffee and cookies) and the harbor. (You can see the harbor from the bedroom, in fact!) The main bus stop in town is less than a two minute walk.

AMENITIES: The WiFi worked great during my stay, the heating was perfect, shower/water pressure was great, and I had all the utensils, etc I needed to cook. There's a microwave by the fridge as well. There are plenty of lamps, a comfy couch and chair (and beanbag chairs), an assortment of stacking tables, a kitchen/dining table with chairs, and separate bins inside a closet for recycling, etc. There's a TV with remote, and quite a collection of DVDs as well as board games.

ST. MONANS: I sort of visited St. Monans on a whim, because I'd seen a cool photograph of the zigzag breakwater a few years back. I'm really glad I did! It's an absolutely beautiful town, and there's tons to do in the area. I spent most of my time from sunrise to sunset walking the Fife Coastal Path, which only takes a minute to reach from The Puffin Place. I couldn't believe the incredible views of the sea, the fascinating beaches, the abandoned castle ruins, the crumbling saltwater pools and other amazing things I saw!

From The Puffin Place you can also walk the coastal path to some of the neighboring towns, such as Elie, Pittenweem and Anstruther, which each have their own charms. Although I was visiting in December, the temperature was good, the path was walkable (if a little muddy) and the weather was mostly clear. It was actually great timing, because I really had the path to myself every day, making this feel like a real getaway.

I think St. Monans/The Puffin Place would also be a great location to base yourself if you want to explore some of the more popular tourist areas nearby, such as St. Andrews. It's pretty quick to get there by bus.

The Puffin Place was a wonderfully relaxing location to come home to after each full day out, and I highly recommend a stay!

Management Response
9 Jan 2017
Hi Laura,
Thanks for your lovely review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Puffin Place and that you enjoyed St Monans too. We consider ourselves so lucky to live here share the village with our guests.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you some time in the future.

Best Regards
Steve & Linda
The Puffin Place
Jim D
“Enjoyable short stay”
Reviewed 4 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Cosy and comfortable cottage with all amenities catered for. Quite area, lovely walks and great view from cottage. Food in the Mayview second to none, plenty of food options in near by villages, with plenty of walks (Coastal walk). I only wish we had looked earlier and had gone for the week.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing