“Visit to Glasgow ”
Review of Babbo Glasgow

Babbo Glasgow
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Giffnock
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Description: Babbo Glasgow offers delicious seasonal Italian food on the Southside of Glasgow. Our menus change 4 times a year in keeping with the seasons.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Called in on the off chance - had a great meal! The service (waiter Chris) and atmosphere were brilliant and I can highly recommend the king prawn linguine- it was delicious. Will definitely return when next in the area!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 14 March 2018

This is the third and last time I have been disappointed in the food. The interior is trendy and the atmosphere is upbeat. The staff are young and friendly. The food is awful. We had starters of breaded prawns ( frozen and fried sad food), prawn cocktail that was so boring and bland a child could have knocked it together. Worst to come was the main course...the curry was a deep fried breaded chicken burger with a horrible sauce dribbled on the sad side (really!! get this off the menu straight away) even the waiter said it looked 'iffy" the haddock and chips was just off burnt and was hard and dry, chips frozen skinny sad little things, carbonara ....well my son didnt' eat most of it. This is one of my local restaurants therefore I have never reviewed on trip advisor however enough is enough. I suggest if you are reading this just go anywhere else...go somewhere that cares, employs a chef that can cook and respects their customers. I work far too hard to waste my one this place anymore.Halas!

5  Thank AliceFelix
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

First of all I would need to say that we have enjoyed lots of good meals at this restaurant since it opened a couple of years ago. We found it was reasonably priced and the quality of the food was excellent. Last December we had a less than favourable experience and we were contacted by the owner to chat through our dining experience. I concluded that a number a factors had combined on this visit, not all of which could have been anticipated by the staff. I made it clear that we would always return but were disappointed on this evening and it had tainted our impression of the place. Well, we went back on a quiet Monday and frankly had a really good time, from start to finish. Everything about our visit was great, the menu was terrific value and we had a really nice table. The food was outstanding, the wine hit the mark but most importantly it was recognised that we were returning customers. I know Roberto wants to deliver a really good dining experience and this visit has fully restored our view that this is a top eating house in Giffnock. The staff were excellent and in Morven, Babbo has a front of house member of staff to be proud of. We will be back - soon. Thanks again for great customer service.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We took my elderly mother in law to Babbos for lunch today. We were shown to a table with very uncomfortable hard seats. There were tables nearby alongside the wall with upholstered seats. We asked if we could move there, but were told they were keeping it in case a big party turned up. The waiter was kind enough to find a more comfortable chair for my mother in law which she was happy with. My husband and I put up with the hard chairs and it was a little galling that when we left one and a half hours later the comfortable seats were still unoccupied. Seems a little unfair to make customers sit on uncomfortable chairs when better ones are kept free "just in case" other customers turn up. Staff were attentive and food was good apart from the Ice cream which was very disappointing and flavourless.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Been to Babbo a few times now - once with my hubby for a wee dinner, a few times with my close family and then a bigger family dinner for my mums 65th. Never disappointed! Food is always delicious and service is always top notch! I look forward to a wee Babbo visit! Also got a take away one time too and it was great too. Love it here!

Date of visit: February 2018