All reviews scones the perfect host nothing is too much trouble home from home elizabeth ann local area bed and breakfast manse thornhill
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

I would encourage anyone to go and spend some time at Scaurbridge House. Tango loving Elizabeth is the perfect host with whom you can while away hours chatting if you so chose. Scaurbridge and Elizabeth have certainly left an impression on me and not only will I return but I have a feeling I've found a true Pearl and a friend for life. Thank you x

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2015

Fantastic place to stay, Georgian house on outskirts of Penpont with great access to the beautiful Scaur and Shinnel glens. Elizabeth Ann is the perfect host, breakfast was superb with great attentiont to detail: proper coffee (even by Italian boyfriend's exacting standards), rhubarb stewed with strawberries and orange, perfect scones including recipe and technique. E.A is a fount of knowledge, great fun, and can sell you pearls! Doggies made most welcome. Recommended.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is a special place to stay - a real haven. I spent one night at Scaurbridge House as part of a long distance cycle ride, and soon wished I had scheduled an extra night there. The house is magnificently stylish but Elizabeth Ann's warm welcome is what I will remember most. She is an accomplished hostess, unobtrusively making her guests feel completely relaxed and welcome. The best night's sleep of my trip was followed by a wonderful three course breakfast including a compote of home-grown fruits, and I was sent on my way with home-made scones for the next leg of the journey. Truly a memorable visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed only for one night but it was the best place we stayed at in all of Scotland. Elizabeth Ann could not have been more welcoming, and bent over backwards to assist us in getting the most out of our stay. She even arranged to have a local museum opened particularly for us, so that I could further my search into the local history! The house itself is amazing: beautiful, comfortable and just an incredibly wonderful place to stay. I would heartily recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were on a short collection visit to Drumlanrig Castle and found Elizabeth's place from an online search. Didn't I do well.
Elizabeth Ann is the perfect hostess, She is well traveled and very well educated add to that the fact that she is an excellent cook with recipes to share, 12:4:4 and 45 minutes at 150 Degrees in a fan oven and don't forget to fork it, is well, remembered.
We had a very pleasant evening, even our dog was made to feel welcome. Breakfast was something to write home about and the local produce that Elizabeth uses obviously makes all the difference.
An excellent and very homely atmosphere and I cannot recommend stopping with her highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple