“Acceptable, but a couple of things to be aware of”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Enugu
Golden Royale Enugu
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Enugu
Dundee
“Acceptable, but a couple of things to be aware of”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The Golden Tulip is pretty much the only 'international' hotel in Enugu. I stayed for one night, and it was perfectly acceptable, but there are two things to be aware of. I booked the hotel through the Golden Tulip corporate website, and the two issues were:

(1) Don't expect to have a reservation, even if you have a confirmation from the website. It seems as if the corporate website does not actually filter through to the hotel. This is fine (if they have rooms available), but means that the hotel WILL NOT honour the price that you find on the Golden Tulip website. The price I had confirmed was $140 on the website, but the hotel actually charges $170. There is no negotiation about this.

(2) I had booked (and had my room confirmed on the website) using my visa card, but the hotel absolutely does not take payment by card, they will only accept cash. I actually had enough cash with me to pay for the room, but just be aware that even if you book using your card you cannot use it.

Other than these two issues, the hotel was of an OK standard with large rooms, air conditioning, a good restaurant and bar. There is free wireless (which wasn't working when I was there). If you get a room above the bar expect to be awake until 1am until the bar + disco closes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bar