All reviews small complex recommend staying here beach chairs and umbrellas grocery store master bedroom beach service pool area vrbo balcony condo bath maintenance
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Because of my health all of our trips are last minute. Which makes getting a room at our favorite places always a bit interesting. And sometimes you have to compromise on something. Comfort, style and amenities however were not on the compromise list. We had stayed one other time at Huntington By the Sea in a different condo. It was ok but definitely needed work. So this time I wasn't sure what exactly to expect. We stayed in 102. Our compromise was being smack dab in front of the pool. We don't have kids and although we love kids I don't always want the noise from the pool area. Even though we were directly in front of the pool we weren't bothered once by it. It was actually nice to be on the bottom floor. I would aim for further down from the pool just for my own preference but not because it was a bad experience. And the owners of this condo really took their guest comfort in mind.The bed and linens were very comfortable as is the living room furniture. The kitchen is all new and well maintained. We wanted for nothing. The beach chairs and umbrellas are complementary so you don't have to worry about hauling down a bunch of stuff to the beach. The only issue was the master bath tub didn't drain without you holding down the latch. But there is a second bath that was just as easy to use. I also love that these condos have both the master bedroom and the living room ocean side. It makes for beautiful views wherever you decide to lounge inside. If you choose to sit outside on your patio this condo has a lovely table and chairs ready for you or a couple of adirondack chairs to lounge in as you listen to the lullaby of the ocean.

Room Tip: Trouble walking? Go for rooms 105 or 106.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Stayed on the third floor with great views. It's so close to everything but in a small complex so it's not overcrowded. Everything was very clean, however a bit of maintenance was needed on the ceilings and balcony doors in our condo. Not anything to deter us from going back though. Cooper does a great job with the beach setups, too.

Room Tip: All rooms are beachfront. Lower levels have grassy yard area, upper rooms have more panoramic views.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We stayed in unit 204 and it was lovely! Beautifully updated and very comfortable. We stayed during the off season in late September. It was not crowded and we felt we had the beach to ourselves! I've been coming to Huntington by the Sea since it was built in 1981. It is a smaller resort which is great! Just a single line of umbrellas - not rows and rows on top of each other like other area resorts.

Room Tip: Unit 204 - updated and great views of the beach!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Cant quite remember the exact unit, but it was very nice. Super Clean and well kept. We were only hear to relax at the beach and avoid the chaos in Destin. My idea of a vacation is to relax and eat. If you are looking for a resort with all the bells and whistles, then you need to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

I rented this condo for my family for Memorial weekend. I have ONE positive thing to say about it and that is it's extremely close to the beach. THAT IS IT!

Outside of that, it is the WORST condo I have ever stayed in.
1. The furnishings are extremely old and 70's style.
Sofa and love seat are FILTHY. The pull out bed is supported by boards and is falling apart.
Bed linens are old and what you would probably see in a motel 6. Pillows are dirty and old.
2. This unit is fully carpeted and it too is filthy! Walls are filthy and need repainted.
3. The bathroom curtains are covered in mildew and dirty upon arrival.
4. The kitchen was dirty and not cleaned well.
5. The appliances are at least 20 years old and WE WERE WITHOUT A REFRIGERATOR FOR A DAY! It quit our first day. We called the emergency # on the paperwork given at check in and IT IS DISCONNECTED! 1-888-883-3132

We called Sterling and after holding for 10+ minutes they seemed unconcerned and said they would page someone. They did... The message said a bulb was out in the refrigerator. No one including the manager or owner of the unit cared to call me back. I had to call back and hold again after waiting 2+ hours without any response! I was then informed that the manager told them to tell me someone would be out the next day. Never mind calling me back. I just arrived had 300.00 in groceries that were ruining but that's not a big deal at all.
The maintenance guy showed the next morning (he was a great guy and genuinely concerned) and confirmed that they didn't relay a message that it was out. He was however helpful and checked back. It's still not working up to par and we've used coolers for our food.

This is the absolute WORST CONDO I have ever stayed in. I have yet to hear from the Owner as I requested and no one has offered to refund anything for this wretched experience nor accommodate us in any way. 1200.00 for 3 days for this dump... WONT HAPPEN AGAIN!

DO NOT STAY HERE!