“Local "Dive"”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Don't let the appearance fool you! This is some of the best food in Destin, except perhaps for some Fine Dining restaurants. The oysters never fail to be outstanding!!! I don't know how they do it, but everything we've had there is excellent. Great outdoor dining with views of the Gulf. Friendly staff and we can't forget that Kenny is there almost every day. That, to us, is a big plus to have the Owner present. And Miss Gracie's talents in the kitchen are superb! Try it! It's often a very fun atmosphere and great food. With a full bar!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Decided to check Kenny D's out, hoping for some tasty New Orleans food. Only 4 or 5 items on the menu had Louisiana roots. Everything else was your typical fried beach seafood. Very disappointing. And Zydeco music is Cajun music, not New Orleans.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Have been going to Destin Miramar beach for about 3 yrs now. I live in south central Louisiana as far south as you can get. I am a lover of seafood and would rather eat seafood at home rather than places here at times. To find Kenny D’s next door to where we stay is a blessing. The family atmosphere, awesome staff, and the Shrimp Poboys, oysters Rockefeller and many other dishes were spot on. And I’m a huge critic with any seafood. They are always busy. Live band most nights and beach wear acceptable. Family friendly. Oh and the best Pina Coladas I’ve ever tasted.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We showed up with a large group and they got us seated rather quickly. The food was delicious! Nice Cajun seafood choices. Gumbo was especially yummy! Will definitely return.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve never gotten a bad meal or drink here! This is my favorite place on Miramar beach. I’ve lived around the corner for almost 20 years. And have been coming here for 15 of those years. Angie and Dave are great bartenders. They have a full bar now! The beach burger is awesome! My sister came down for a visit... I call her “picky burger”. She said it was the best burger she’s had in a long time! I also recommend the spicy fish tenders, the house salad, and the Okra appetizer with ranch is awesome!! Tonight I tried the pasta. Alfredo with shrimp. The sauce was homemade and the shrimp were fresh and local! Their oysters are amazing too!

1  Thank Gin850