“Great location, food and service”

Felingog Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 7 Solva B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great location, food and service”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed here in October 2011, three friends who were meeting up for a bit of an activities weekend. The accommodation is above an excellent cafe where breakfast is taken. The rooms are spread over two floors. The rooms on the first floor (and room 5 on the second) are really smart double rooms. The rooms we took were a twin and a small single. This was fine for us for two nights as we just wanted somewhere to put our heads down and leave bags as we were out all day. The two rooms for the three of us were £70 per night including breakfast and considering its great location is good value albeit with a shared bathroom. If staying longer then take one of the other rooms which I think are en suite and more substantial, although the rooms we had are fine if you have kids in tow too. All amenities are spotless. The owners and staff of the cafe/B&B help make the stay welcoming and are really helpful, for instance they let one of us print a boarding pass without charge, even though it was first thing in the morning. Breakfast is outstanding, with proper espresso etc and is freshly cooked to order with quality ingredients. We had lunch in the cafe and one dinner (curry night, unlimited amounts) and the food is very good, again all cooked fresh to order. Location is perfect, opposite the harbour, with a Good beer guide pub next door, which is an ok pub. Good walks nearby and great access to St Davids etc.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank ac126

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I booked this hotel for a suprise birthday present for my partner, due to the nature of the visit i requested to be contacted by email only so to keep the secret, Secret, however the owner contacted me 3 times by phone, one phone call of which was overheard by my partner. One of the phone calls was even to ask if i had made a booking and if so what dates i had booked!!

It was made clear to me that another booking had been made for the whole hotel on the same weekend and i felt as though i was being asked to cancel the weekend i had planned. I expressed my disatisifaction to the owner who simply replied with 'i'm sorry, i am aware that the service we offer for residents is poor and i understand if you wish to stay else where'. i was frankly shocked at how this was handled and made me certain that they wished me to cancel.

I will still be visiting Solva as the area is beautiful and my partner has been visiting for over 20 years however this hotel has definelty lost our business

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traceypiprogers
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2011

We (foolish-illy) didn't stay there (rented a place nearby) but never imagined that such a secluded place could offer such wonderful food (the crab or lobster salad are exquisite).

Ali ( I think she runs it and is gorgeous) and the staff are from a world we all dream of. My friends and I had Crab salad yesterday and treated ourselves to lobster salad today. Amazing value and such professional service. Believe me, the place may appear 'closed' and the interior may not look 'swish' but the staff and the food are things to behold. None of us has ever been there before and we don't know any of the staff but can say that this is one of the most pleasurable eateries we have visited.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank HolaClive
Solihull, England
Reviewed 4 November 2010

A friendly welcome awaits you at Felingog. We stayed in a room overlooking the harbour complete with its own veranda and window seats. The owner, Ali and her young assistants couldnt be more helpful. As well as being a B & B there is a kitchen for guests to prepare their own lunches if they so wish and a washing machine too. Our room had a kingsize sleigh bed and an ensuite shower room and easy chairs to relax in. Breakfast was taken in the owners cafe downstairs - a full english complete with a daily newspaper and fresh fruit too! We also ate there for our evening meal and Ali prepares the best beer battered fish and chips I have ever tasted. Solva is a real find of a place, lovely coastal walks, restaurants ,pubs, antique shops and art gallery - we even heard some jazz from the resident Cuban artist ! Nearby St David's is the smallest city in the country and well worth a visit.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gwynshees
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solva
5.6 km away
1.4 km away
Bank House
Bank House
#3 of 7 in Solva

Been to Felingog Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!