“Very good pub food”
Review of The Ferry Inn

The Ferry Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in St. Dogmaels
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2017

It is a bit difficult to park near the Ferry Inn but if you can find a parking space it is well worth a visit. Good quality food and generous portions. The soup was excellent followed by the fish and chips (small piece of fish with tasty batter) and the beef stew dish was generous in size.

Staff very helpful and friendly

tiefiside, Owner at The Ferry Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for your complimentary review.
Just for customer information:-
I know it's confusing, as there are double yellow lines outside the Ferry, but I should remind customers that these are only in force between June- September. (There is a very small sign on a post stating this, but it's easily missed).
We also have a car park with 6 or 7 spaces.
There is also free parking a one minute walk away towards the Moorings.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Visited many times now as my parents own a holiday home near the ferry inn, had many meals here and never been disappointed. Food is great, service is friendly and the bar area is lovely to sit in if you're after a drink rather than a sit down meal. Love the board games, we play a different one each time. Will be back next time we are here.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We are regular visitors to St Dogmaels and the Ferry Inn and we love visiting whether in summer or winter. As soon as we walked in we felt very welcomed and it felt so cozy. The waitress addressed us in Welsh which was lovely. The food was very tasty and i'm thrilled to see the Ferry thriving - thankyou!

tiefiside, Owner at The Ferry Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Thank you for your lovely review.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Ok, a balanced review, prices, £17.95 for a bottle of sauvignon blanc, £3.65 pint of bitter. Food.......now this is a lovely pub, bar area is great, the restaurant however is bland, blue walls? Ok, steak 8 Oz at £19.99, specials menu about £12.00, our food from the specials board came with cold veg, had to return for a warm up, the food was generally quite bland and uninspiring, such a shame as the bar area is lovely! Sack the cook, paint the walls a nice farrow and ball and you will bring the right track, for now.....very disappointed!

tiefiside, Owner at The Ferry Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Hello Halo,
Ok, an unbalanced response.
Thank you for listing some of our prices.
A full list is available on our website ferry-inn.co.uk.

‘blue walls?’
The dining area in which you were seated offers panoramic views of the river.
In fact, this area is almost entirely glass.
However, there are some small recesses on one side of the room which are painted in a pastel shade of blue.
Sadly, I have forgotten which brand of paint I used, maybe you could let me know which brand it is, as you appear to be have an eye for paint.
At this time of the year the view is amazing, with the autumnal browns,
reds and greens of the trees and the pastel blue sky.
The timeless rise and fall of the river.
And above, the occasional seagull swooping with muted call.
Incidentally, you mention that the ‘bar area is great’.
Strangely, most of the bar is painted in the same colour.

‘Sack the cook’
Thank you for this well-balanced suggestion.
Of course, I won’t be sacking anyone.
And indeed, I won’t be changing the colour of the walls.

Unfortunately, this probably means that you will have to remain
‘very disappointed’. May I offer my sincere apologies for this.
I suspect that you will not be returning to the Ferry,
May I thank you for this in advance.

I remain your humble servant,
Andy ‘Blue Eyes’ Baker.
Ps: Any feedback on our blue napkins would be greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We ate here twice whilst staying in St Dogmaels and thoroughly enjoyed our meal both times. Very good food - a cut above the average "pub grub" - and a fun, buzzing atmosphere, too.