All reviews beggars reach wedding party wedding reception the owner beef wedding breakfast food was lovely high standard evening meal breakfast was excellent dance floor well worth a visit full welsh breakfast second to none good nights sleep thank you so much the main house
Reviewed 18 October 2018

I have been travelling to Pembroke on business for around two nights every month for the whole of 2018, but this was my first stay at Beggars Reach, it wont be my last. Because of the amount of other local hotels and B&B's I have stayed in this year its fair to say I have sampled a lot, and Beggars reach is by far my favourite. All have had good and bad points, but I think I have finally found the one that I will continue to use from now on.

The rooms although a little dated are very comfortable and have all that you need, I slept very well both nights the bed linen was clean and pillows were soft but full. The gardens of the hotel looked immaculate even at this time of year.

Breakfast was excellent both mornings but my biggest shout out goes to the chefs spicy sausage which was on the "specials board" one of the evenings, in fact both evening meals I had were excellent so much so that I had the same starter again from the "specials board" on both nights. The lamb skewers, they were as good as any that I have ever had, and they reminded me of holidays on the Greek Islands.

Staff were all very friendly and helpful, but the chef deserves a special mention, I will definitely be staying again, see you in November...

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank johnrawlings2018
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the beggars reach hotel with our doGS on a weekend break, our room was clean and had everything we required, breakfast was delicious and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay here again if in the area.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights. My room was room 18which was in a block next to the main building. I had my own stairs to my room which was spacious. The room had beams and was well decorated although some parts could have been touched up a little. The bed was very comfy and the en-suite was very good with a bath and shower over the bath. A nice touch was an umbrella by the door in case of rain when you go to the bar and restaurant in the main house. I ordered food and was not disappointed very good and plenty of it. I ate there two out of three nights and breakfast every day. I would recommend this hotel it's a bit out of the way but is a great place to stay

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We stayed here one night and although not busy service was slow and they were understaffed. The food was really disappointing. My husband's fish arrived like an over cooked loofah. Clearly not freshly battered , but out of the deep freeze. My bread crumbed seafood selection was all but unrecognisable for its various components. Supposed to be cod goujons, prawns, salt and pepper squid and calamari. And not cheap at over £14. All pretty much the same. Taratar sauce from a jar and tomato sauce in sachets. The chips were appalling more like hoof parings!! They were over cooked, dark brown , and yes I should have sent them back but the service was so slow...
The breakfast was even worse. Yes as one other reviewer has said, pale eggs( Free range??) A couple of mushrooms and half a tomato. All condiments in sachets, jam etc in plastic too. But worst of all, Danish pastries in plastic bags!! All just more like a motel rather than the up market hotel this could be. The building is great. The bedrooms better than they look on the photographs. The surroundings lovely. The staff really try. But the food was abysmal . Olga Polizzi would have a field day and turn this place into somewhere special. Just not worth cutting corners . Food should be fresh all the time not out of a Brake's van. No seasonal produce.

Room tip: Room in the main hotel
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank k22lmg
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Very strange place, quite obviously designed for weddings and similar very large events. Sitting quite alone in a very large dining room clearly set up for many hundred guests was quite odd even uncomfortable. Room was good, apart from the fact that the window only opened for a few inches at the top - my visit was during the heatwave. The food was plain simple but adequate, I would strongly recommend the whitebait starter, the best whitebait that I have ever eaten. I will certainly stay here in the future.

Date of stay: July 2018
WGS_11, Manager at Beggars Reach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for the comments - we are pleased you enjoyed some aspects of Beggars Reach. We have been experiencing some very hot weather recently and we do wish you had brought the issue of your window to us at the time - they are hinged to open in a tilting action but can also be fully opened like a book widely by adjusting the handle differently. We would certainly have been able to help with this had it been brought to our attention during your staty. We do indeed cater for weddings and functions but also love looking after individuals and liesure stays. We are pleased that you will make a return visit when we will look forward to welcoming you back to Beggars Reach. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know your feedback - its much appreciated